Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Workplace Covid Mandate

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Workplace Covid Mandate

First - please stick to topic. Keep your arguments for and against the vaccine out of this thread.

My company (very large space/defense contractor) sent the dreaded but expected email yesterday. Vaccination required by December, regardless if you telework or not; possible medical or religious waivers.

One of my team tendered her resignation one hour after the email was sent.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-08-21 at 13:11.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    First - please stick to topic. Keep your opinions out of this thread.

My company (very large space/defense contractor) sent the dreaded but expected email yesterday. Vaccination required by December, regardless if you telework or not; possible medical or religious waivers.

One of my team tendered her resignation one hour after the email was sent.

Andy
    Not sure how one can not inject opinion as to the morality, legality, ethicalness of this.

Where I work so far as I know every religious exemption was honored, and no one was fired, and a tiny fraction quit. One person I know who quit, she has been working 15ish years, not long enough to retire but long enough to be well vested. Her husband makes bank; she only works because she wants to, and she can keep her professional licenses and certifications. When we got "The Email," she told her boss that when 5 pm struck, she was done. She she was.

It's crazy, and I hope you can navigate it well.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Not sure how one can not inject opinion as to the morality, legality, ethicalness of this.

Where I work so far as I know every religious exemption was honored, and no one was fired, and a tiny fraction quit. One person I know who quit, she has been working 15ish years, not long enough to retire but long enough to be well vested. Her husband makes bank; she only works because she wants to, and she can keep her professional licenses and certifications. When we got "The Email," she told her boss that when 5 pm struck, she was done. She she was.

It's crazy, and I hope you can navigate it well.
    I am glad to hear that about exemptions. Yeah, my employee is well set financially and was hinting at leaving for months. She is also a strong performer and will be missed.

I edited my "opinions" sentence, because you are right.

Andy

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    This has been floating around for a few weeks and might be relevant for those wanting to request religious accommodation. I’m not endorsing it; just possibly useful information.

https://firstliberty.org/wp-content/...with-Links.pdf

I wouldn’t quite my job over this. I’d rather my company fire me and give me severance pay.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 10-08-21 at 13:19.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have an idea that this whole issue for the uninformed, will eventually come to a head. I'm not sure how anyone can support mandatory against your will vaccination. Using your job to force your to vaccinate is some old school Union tactics. Surely the SCOTUS will prevail.
    This is not science.
    Last edited by Averageman; 10-08-21 at 13:38.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    In the short run, or if you can't change jobs, make a serious request for an exemption. It could be either medical or religious depending on your situation, but the religious request is harder to deny through use of hostile experts.

I interact with a lot of CEOs. A month or so ago, I heard in private, from one CEO to another (I was part of the same table), that his organization was going to "have" a mandate, but he was well aware of not wanting to lose 1/3 of his staff, and any plausible exemption request would be granted. The organization was communicating this to the staff, somewhat discretely.

The PDF posted above looks good, and I have seen various others made by other groups/people that also seemed reasonable.

I expect the mandates to disappear in 6-12 months, but a lot of good people are being harmed in the meanwhile. Unless you want to be a martyr, a serious request for exemption is, IMHO, the best current option.

But whether or not you avoid the effects of a mandate, any organization that imposes one is harming its immediate and future capabilities. I tend to agree with copied excerpt of this rant:

https://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=243833

The economic damage from this is permanent. So is firing those who won't comply. Oh, they'll go find something else to do -- but odds are those independent thinkers are the top 5 or 10% of any organization.

Get rid of them and it's like firing five ordinary people for the one you did. Of course nobody thinks of that, but then again not many people are smart when it comes to this sort of thing. They should be -- but they're not.

Never mind the defense contractors. The problem is much worse there. A handful of people are key resources. They leave, the project isn't deliverable anymore because it can't be completed and you can't just go hire a replacement because of necessary security clearances. It takes a year or more to get a new TS approved. Does that new engineer also need SCI or (god forbid) SAP access for your nice project? That takes even longer. Never mind those who "go along" and play nice-nice with your "mandate"; how sure are you they're still loyal and not willing to stab the United States in the back? After all you just ****ed them so..... you didn't think this through very well, did you? What happens when two months after their wife gets jabbed -- because you demanded it as she's on the health insurance plan at the company -- she gets breast cancer? Now how loyal is that person?
    So it's time to think about job hunting, as the future prospects of any company with a vax mandate are going to be dimming.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Work for a decent sized company with locations all over the US and privately owned by a Swedish firm. We're being told the US team is waiting for legal advice on what needs to be done based on what happens with the Feds, but as of right now it is not mandatory.

That said, I can't do my job without my COVID card as the majority of my customers require it to be go on site. Hospitals, schools, and government facilities. Starting to get commercial properties mandating it as well. As much as possible, the company is accommodating who it can, but at a certain point either you do you job or you can't. We're an "essential" business. Initially, we were hit very hard with COVID illness cases at all our US facilities and continue to have very high absenteeism. Our facilities overseas are having similar manpower issues.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    My company sent an email yesterday. Since our firm has federal contracts all employees will be required to get vaccinated with no testing options.

I’ll ride it out until the last day and then i’ll be fired I guess. The state I currently live in just put our notification that if someone loses their job due to failing to meet a covid mandate they will not be eligible for unemployment benefits.

Our house hits the market this week. Hoping it sells fast so we can get the F out of this place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Workplace Covid Mandate

I work for a Fortune 15 and we are going through this now as well.

They’re starting by asking for your status and “requiring” you to report your status.

I’m giving them the finger, although I could retire financially at any time. I may end up having to move it up by two years from my current plan. It really sucks for those who aren’t as fortunate as I am.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 10-08-21 at 14:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgizzard View Post
    My company sent an email yesterday. Since our firm has federal contracts all employees will be required to get vaccinated with no testing options.

I’ll ride it out until the last day and then i’ll be fired I guess. The state I currently live in just put our notification that if someone loses their job due to failing to meet a covid mandate they will not be eligible for unemployment benefits.

Our house hits the market this week. Hoping it sells fast so we can get the F out of this place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is how they will get rid of or push to their breaking point their opposition, do as we say or lose your livelihood, healthcare/insurance, ability to travel, and no eligibility for any benefits/retirement/social security etc ever.

On the other hand, what would be the holy hell unleashed if anyone proposed mandatory drug testing in order to maintain your welfare status.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast