Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 716i or Springfield Victor Saint .308

Feedback Score

Sig 716i or Springfield Victor Saint .308

I'm having a hard time deciding on which one of these to purchase. I really like the trigger in the Saint but the 716i has really good features too. I plan on using it primarily for hunting and some plinking. I would really like to hear from you guys who have had access and range time with these MSR's. I greatly appreciate all the information given in advance.

Feedback Score
    Any advice would be great.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Neither rifle is "top tier," so to speak. But I would take the Sig over the Springfield every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Both companies have reputations for occasional issues with their QC, but Sig certainly produces a higher tier product overall. Furthermore, Sig has a much higher percentage of parts and weapons produced in house, which allows them to control quality much more closely, where as Springfield assembles and builds only a fraction of their product line, AFAIK. Much of their stuff is imported and rebranded.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Neither rifle is "top tier," so to speak. But I would take the Sig over the Springfield every day of the week, and twice on Sundays. Both companies have reputations for occasional issues with their QC, but Sig certainly produces a higher tier product overall. Furthermore, Sig has a much higher percentage of parts and weapons produced in house, which allows them to control quality much more closely, where as Springfield assembles and builds only a fraction of their product line, AFAIK. Much of their stuff is imported and rebranded.
    Thank you for that information, I really needed to know that. I can't get my hands on the DD5 which I really prefer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire40 View Post
    Thank you for that information, I really needed to know that. I can't get my hands on the DD5 which I really prefer.
    The DD5 is arguably a better rifle than the Sig, and given the option, that's what I'd pick too. But it's twice as much money, and certainly not twice as good. For the difference in price, you can fully equip the Sig, or at least be well on your way. Scope, irons, Geissele trigger, sling, bipod.

Feedback Score
    I'll go with the Sig and do those upgrades for sure. I really appreciate the input.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire40 View Post
    I'll go with the Sig and do those upgrades for sure. I really appreciate the input.
    Would love to see some pics on here when you're done. Or even along the process.

Feedback Score
    I'll definitely do that.

Feedback Score
    I'm probably going to pull the trigger tomorrow on the Sig 716i.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Grab a few Magpul mags for it while you're at it.

https://www.surplusammo.com/categori...-308-mags.html
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast