Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig 716i or Springfield Victor Saint .308

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Grab a few Magpul mags for it while you're at it.

https://www.surplusammo.com/categori...-308-mags.html
    I'll definitely have to do that along with new trigger, charging handle and muzzle brake.

Feedback Score
    The DD5 is arguably a better rifle than the Sig, and given the option, that's what I'd pick too. But it's twice as much money, and certainly not twice as good. For the difference in price, you can fully equip the Sig, or at least be well on your way. Scope, irons, Geissele trigger, sling, bipod.
    Which Geissele trigger would you recommend? I enjoy a light trigger with a smooth break like my hiperfire 24C.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire40 View Post
    Which Geissele trigger would you recommend? I enjoy a light trigger with a smooth break like my hiperfire 24C.
    What would your primary purpose for the rifle be? As a general purpose battle rifle, I'd go with the SSA or the SSA-E with the SSA's spring set to bring the total weight up to 4.5 lbs. As more of a DMR setup, you could go with the SSA-E with the installed springs.

ETA: in case you're not aware the SSA-E has a slightly crisper 2nd stage break than the SSA. Probably a tiny advantage when shooting for groups and trying to eke out a tiny bit more precision.
    Last edited by georgeib; 10-14-21 at 20:04.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    What would your primary purpose for the rifle be? As a general purpose battle rifle, I'd go with the SSA or the SSA-E with the SSA's spring set to bring the total weight up to 4.5 lbs. As more of a DMR setup, you could go with the SSA-E with the installed springs.

ETA: in case you're not aware the SSA-E has a slightly crisper 2nd stage break than the SSA. Probably a tiny advantage when shooting for groups and trying to eke out a tiny bit more precision.
    I plan on using it for hunting and target 🎯 shooting.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'd go ahead and go with the SSA-E. You can always swap in the SSA springs at any time.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    I'll definitely check it out.

Feedback Score
    I'd go ahead and go with the SSA-E. You can always swap in the SSA springs at any time.
    I pulled the trigger on the Sig 716i. I feel like its a good investment and looking forward to upgrading the trigger, charging handle and undecided about the muzzle device. If that changes I'll be adding a Epsilon VG6 like the one on my 5.56 build.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Congrats man! How are you liking it once you got it home?

Feedback Score
    Congrats man! How are you liking it once you got it home?
    I'm still fondling it right now 😂🤣😂 it's a very tight set up and the only play I feel is the stock which can be corrected. I always remove that slack because it can add Dope to distant shots.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm not in the least bit surprised. Every new addition to the harem must get plenty of love once you bring her home.

I'm curious as to the stock trigger on the 716. Is it just a basic mil-spec, or something better? What are your impressions of the trigger?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast