Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sig 716i or Springfield Victor Saint .308

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I'm not in the least bit surprised. Every new addition to the harem must get plenty of love once you bring her home.

I'm curious as to the stock trigger on the 716. Is it just a basic mil-spec, or something better? What are your impressions of the trigger?
    Feels like a standard GI trigger probably around 8# pull weight. Only gripe is the trigger and not having an ambi charging handle. I'm going to add the VG6 muzzle brake after I put a couple rounds down it. Just debating on purchasing that Sig BDX scope and rangefinder system.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManOnFire40 View Post
    Feels like a standard GI trigger probably around 8# pull weight. Only gripe is the trigger and not having an ambi charging handle. I'm going to add the VG6 muzzle brake after I put a couple rounds down it. Just debating on purchasing that Sig BDX scope and rangefinder system.
    Weird about the charging handle. Thought they came with Sig's ambi charging handle.

EDIT: No, they come with a standard charging handle that's still proprietary to the 716. Looks like you'll need to wait for Sig to get them back in stock, or add an extended latch.
    Last edited by georgeib; 10-17-21 at 18:48.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Weird about the charging handle. Thought they came with Sig's ambi charging handle.

EDIT: No, they come with a standard charging handle that's still proprietary to the 716. Looks like you'll need to wait for Sig to get them back in stock, or add an extended latch.
    That's a good idea, can't wait to take it hunting this season.

Feedback Score
    I just found out today that sights are proprietary. I plan on adding an optic anyway.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just found out today that sights are proprietary. I plan on adding an optic anyway.
    What do you mean that the sights are proprietary? Are you saying that it doesn't come with a standard 1913 rail and you can't attach buis?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Or are they a non-standard height? If truly proprietary, then that sucks.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Or are they a non-standard height? If truly proprietary, then that sucks.
    The rep said proprietary but it might just be a height issue. Magpul MBUS didn't line up.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sig 716i or Springfield Victor Saint .308

The rep said proprietary but it might just be a height issue. Magpul MBUS didn't line up.
    With what did they not line up? I just looked at a photo again, and there’s no fixed front sight. If the receiver and handguard picatinny are the same height, then any BUIS should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by grizzman; 10-20-21 at 22:17.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    With what did they not line up? I just looked at a photo again, and there’s no fixed front sight. If the received and handguaed pica tinny are the same height, then any BUIS should work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It looked like there was a height difference between the front and rear sight. I'm going to put them back on and check again.

Feedback Score
    716i is finally wearing some glass. I purchased a Sierra BDX combo 3.5-10x by 42 lens with a quick detach mount. I just realized tonight the model range finder is the kilo1400 and not the kilo1000 that's on Sigs website. I'm going to have a talk with the dealer tomorrow.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast