Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MK18 Vs. Geissele Super Duty 10.5

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

MK18 Vs. Geissele Super Duty 10.5

I'm undecided upon the two. Im leaning toward the MK18 based on the proven platform, but that Geissele has some really nice features. I'm just a little nervous that the Geissele is still the new kid on the block and hasnt been "proven" yet. All indications and initial reports are looking good though. I'll be running this platform suppressed about 75% of the time. I do like the tank quad rail that the MK18 offers, but that MLOK is growing on me. Any initial input before I make the purchase this week?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    FYI, they're 10.3" barrels

I presume that when you say "Mk18" you're referring to Daniel Defense. What about the Mk18 do you think is "proven" over the Geissele? The RISII rail system or something else? FWIW, I don't know if DD has ever supplied the military with Mk18 uppers.

When it comes to high quality manufacturers, there's nothing a DD upper will do that a Geissele won't in my opinion.
    Last edited by scooter22; 10-10-21 at 19:55.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I own two DD MK18 uppers, they are solid.

No regrets.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    FYI, they're 10.3" barrels

I presume that when you say "Mk18" you're referring to Daniel Defense. What about the Mk18 do you think is "proven" over the Geissele? The RISII rail system or something else? FWIW, I don't know if DD has ever supplied the military with Mk18 uppers.

When it comes to high quality manufacturers, there's nothing a DD upper will do that a Geissele won't in my opinion.
    There’s plenty of images out now of DD MK18s uppers, laser “MK18” and all, ITW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have both. As well as a URGI
    They have the same size gas port.
    Not sure why, but the mk18 preferred a lighter buffer and spring.
    It’s kind of a toss up, mostly based on aesthetics.
    Also, depending on the price, keep in mind G gun gets you much better controls out of the box that don’t need a few hundred worth of upgrading like mk18 would, depending on your preferences.

Feedback Score
    Both are very nice. I only have experience with the DD however as my buddy owns several. And I have a DD barrel in one of my builds. I would go for the G gun only because after spending 1800 for the rifle I wouldn't have to then upgrade the trigger and furniture and other controls on the DD to get it on par with the G. If that stuff isn't important to you then roll the dice as you will be happy with either one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robstercraw View Post
    I'm undecided upon the two. Im leaning toward the MK18 based on the proven platform, but that Geissele has some really nice features. I'm just a little nervous that the Geissele is still the new kid on the block and hasnt been "proven" yet. All indications and initial reports are looking good though. I'll be running this platform suppressed about 75% of the time. I do like the tank quad rail that the MK18 offers, but that MLOK is growing on me. Any initial input before I make the purchase this week?
    There's nothing new or unproven about the Geisseles, they're just not as mainstream.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dan1612 View Post
    I have both. As well as a URGI
    They have the same size gas port.
    Not sure why, but the mk18 preferred a lighter buffer and spring.
    It’s kind of a toss up, mostly based on aesthetics.
    Also, depending on the price, keep in mind G gun gets you much better controls out of the box that don’t need a few hundred worth of upgrading like mk18 would, depending on your preferences.
    Contrary to popular belief, not everything needs an upgrade. I own products from both brands, both fine manufacturers, but I choose to no longer support bill with the recent bull crap g has pulled. Product wise though, it's really a tossup.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genesis1980 View Post
    I own products from both brands, both fine manufacturers, but I choose to no longer support bill with the recent bull crap g has pulled. Product wise though, it's really a tossup.
    What did I miss? The only thing I new was that people were unhappy with last Black Friday, but that was obviously awhile back. What’s the new info?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What did I miss? The only thing I new was that people were unhappy with last Black Friday, but that was obviously awhile back. What’s the new info?
    People are still butthurt about Black Friday, and are also mad because Geissele is currently using black oxide (over mag phos) on their barrels.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast