Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: MK18 Vs. Geissele Super Duty 10.5

Feedback Score
    I've tried this method and it didn't work for me. I had one of those jobs where you could vent excess gas overboard. Never could get a good setting. Just made a big mess! And this is one thing they don't mention. With an adjustable gas block, this is another point of inspection that must be cleaned of carbon periodically. With a rail over it, no easy task. So no thanks.

The biggest change that really worked was a SF OBC. When you optimize the BC for a short-barreled, suppressed weapon, life is good. The cam slot has a revised dwell time, and the carrier tail has it's own additional counter-weight. So in conjunction with a custom buffer and spring, you have a complete system that can handle the different pressures and so forth with this config. That's if we're talking about a 10.3", .070", carbine extension-length, suppressed weapon. And maybe mil-spec ammo and P-mags.
    Working for Crossfire Australia, a military rucksack and load-bearing equipment company. Still doing limited design and development of nylon LBE.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I still don't understand the spring in them though. Seems like it would totally defeat the purpose of what those weights are there to do, which is to be a dead blow hammer when the bolt closes. The AR has a very short cam path with no runway, so the bolt can't bounce at all. You look at other cam paths and they have a long runway so when the carrier bounces off the breach face it doesn't cause the bolt to rotate out of battery.
    If the bias spring is soft enough the weight stack will be toward the back as the bolt moves forward, as the acceleration from the action spring will overcome the static force of the bias spring. In an A5 thread someone implied this is how it is supposed to work but I don't have the means to verify it.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819