Thread: Best alternative to Sig MCX lower receiver

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Best alternative to Sig MCX lower receiver

I find it baffling that Sig sells MCX upper conversion kits, but won't sell the lowers separately. Jeez - I'm sure you've all seen the price gouging.

So, who else makes lower receivers in that style, with the picatinny butt? Bonus points if it looks good.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    You can get the adapter from Sig to use any ar lower. But a mil spec definitely won’t match up in the cosmetic sense.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Brownells makes some lowers that have the picatinny rail on the end for their BRN-180 but they are not compatible with an MCX. They lack the support for the recoil springs that an MCX lower has.

The only alternative is to use the MCX lower adaptor with an normal pattern lower. No one else makes a lower with the integrated rail that is compatible with an MCX.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seems like an easy opportunity for some manufacturer to satisfy the demand for a reasonably priced MCX lower.

I have the Sig adapter (Rattler upper conversion kit) on an Anderson lower. Yes it works, but some things are incompatible with the adapter, like Sig's collapsible stock / brace. And (minor quibble) I'd like something that complements the upper.

Really bone-headed move, Sig.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint_Ironstag View Post
    I find it baffling that Sig sells MCX upper conversion kits, but won't sell the lowers separately. Jeez - I'm sure you've all seen the price gouging.

So, who else makes lower receivers in that style, with the picatinny butt? Bonus points if it looks good.

Thanks in advance.
    I have a couple of MCX Virtus rifles that I am running on Centurion Arms lowers. I have installed the Sig Match Duo trigger in each of them (a nice trigger, by the way) as well as the Sig picatiny adapter. The rifles run perfectly. Only drawback is that certain collapsible stocks will not work with AR lowers. That of course is an individual preference thing but to me it is no big deal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Will check out Centurion Arms as well, thanks. I always used what was issued without a problem, but now I'm spending my own money, I'd like things to be 'just so'. There's a tiny bit of slop between the upper & lower too, and I'm wondering if the MCX lower would remedy this.

Not enough to visit the gunsmith over, but still - LOL.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint_Ironstag View Post
    Will check out Centurion Arms as well, thanks. I always used what was issued without a problem, but now I'm spending my own money, I'd like things to be 'just so'. There's a tiny bit of slop between the upper & lower too, and I'm wondering if the MCX lower would remedy this.

Not enough to visit the gunsmith over, but still - LOL.
    I have one MCX Virtus that is running a MCX lower. Yes, it does fit slightly better. But not so much that it is worth the extra investment for a Sig lower. Besides, Monte and Corrie at Centurion Arms are such nice people to do business with.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If you want a sig upper and a sig lower I find it hard to understand why you don’t buy a complete sig rifle? It would seem the simplest and most elegant solution that would be a better investment with full factory support.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Availability was an issue at the time, and bird in hand...