Thread: Noveske 11.5” Stainless Barrels

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Noveske 11.5” Stainless Barrels

Anyone have experience with these? I’m contemplating one for a mini recce gun with an LPVO. I like the heavy barrel profile and that it’s stainless for max accuracy shooting mk262 and other similar loads.

Anything I’m misssing? Not much info out there on these.

Feedback Score
    what info do you need? it's a heavier profile stainless steel barrel, as you've noted, manufactured by a well regarded company. that's kinda all there is to know about them. are you looking for profile dimensions or gas port sizing or something?

i've never owned the 11.5 iteration, but i've owned 16" recce mid-length and 18" SPR noveske-length stainless noveske barrels - they were fine. i didn't want my money back. i don't recall feeling disappointed in my selection. the weapons assembled without issue and fired without issue.

if that's what you want, buy away!
    why so serious?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Didn't know they made an 11.5".

Years ago, I used a Lo-Pro Gas Block Barrel, 556 - 10.5" CQB 5.56mm Barrel for my first form 1 and have been thrilled at the performance both suppressed and unsuppressed. Definitely more accurate than me, shot my first 1 MOA prone group ever, having thought Carbon-15's and Bushmasters were the only AR's in my youth. Also first rifle I tested multiple commercial rounds from 55-77gr to see what actually shoots best (thanks m4 site). 62/77 are best, again first time ever shot anything but 55gr.

This fall I'm going to spend a few days with all my rifles at the CMP Range near Anniston, AL shooting a bit longer range, where this rifle is less suited than others.