Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 4" Shield Plus - and then some...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ok, so I picked up my Performance Center 3.1" Shield Plus today....

I'll probably get to go shoot it later in the week. It is ported, but that is the only way they sell that model. I have a standard barrel I just ordered for it, so I can swap the ported barrel.

Done collecting Shields now

As I previously stated, I NEVER cared for fiber optic sights before. But I am REALLY loving the ones that S&W uses - there is a metal spiral round the light rod to protect it. And, the combo of the red/green goes amazingly well. I am glad they all are not the same color.

3 of these Shields has that sight setup. Now that I am around 50, they really help my eyes see the sights when at my indoor range.

Feedback Score
    I should have bought a Shield Plus instead of the Hellcat that pinches the hell out of my trigger finger.

I'd like the extra length of barrel and sight radius of the PC. But I dont care for fiber optic sights, porting, and may not like the trigger, either.

I also wish the safety lever was larger should I decide to utilize it.

I have a 2.0 standard 9mm Shield and like it. Too bad it isnt optics ready like your PC.

Feedback Score
    I only have 200 rounds through mine but so far I love it. Flat shooting and accurate; I got it only for the sights as well. New trigger is outstanding. I can tell you the only downside is the fouling on the barrel due to the porting but that’s not a big deal since it gets cleaned religiously. Not a single issue with any of my go-to loads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I should have bought a Shield Plus instead of the Hellcat that pinches the hell out of my trigger finger.

I'd like the extra length of barrel and sight radius of the PC. But I dont care for fiber optic sights, porting, and may not like the trigger, either.

I also wish the safety lever was larger should I decide to utilize it.

I have a 2.0 standard 9mm Shield and like it. Too bad it isnt optics ready like your PC.
    Well, I think you are mixing up the models. The 3.1 Shield Plus Perf Center only comes ported. But, my 4" Performance Center Shield and 4" Perf Center Shield Plus pistols are NOT ported. None have an optic cut either. They make many different variations. I have no plans to put an optic on any of my handguns.

And, I don't usually care for ported guns either. Only the 3." Perf Center Shield Plus is ported. And, I just ordered a non ported barrel today to swap it out with.

As for the trigger - the Shield Plus has the best factory striker fired trigger I have ever tried. And, many Youtube reviewers are saying the same thing

Feedback Score
    Yes my bad; I have the 3.1”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Both of mine have been reliable in function and have good accuracy with the 124gr FMJ ammo and the Fed HST 147gr ammo I have been using. Both of mine are non-optic cut models. If I would decide to get one or both of them cut for an optic at some point in the future, I feel I can get a little lower cut, a better designed optic mounting system, along with getting it cut for the optic of *my* choice by going aftermarket. The holster is a Darkstar Hitchhiker and can be used in either the AIWB or IWB position.

Last edited by Biggy; 11-06-21 at 15:42.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Well, I think you are mixing up the models. The 3.1 Shield Plus Perf Center only comes ported. But, my 4" Performance Center Shield and 4" Perf Center Shield Plus pistols are NOT ported. None have an optic cut either. They make many different variations. I have no plans to put an optic on any of my handguns.

And, I don't usually care for ported guns either. Only the 3." Perf Center Shield Plus is ported. And, I just ordered a non ported barrel today to swap it out with.

As for the trigger - the Shield Plus has the best factory striker fired trigger I have ever tried. And, many Youtube reviewers are saying the same thing
    I see. I'll have to review available models.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ShipWreck View Post
    Ok, so I picked up my Performance Center 3.1" Shield Plus today....

I'll probably get to go shoot it later in the week. It is ported, but that is the only way they sell that model. I have a standard barrel I just ordered for it, so I can swap the ported barrel.

Done collecting Shields now

As I previously stated, I NEVER cared for fiber optic sights before. But I am REALLY loving the ones that S&W uses - there is a metal spiral round the light rod to protect it. And, the combo of the red/green goes amazingly well. I am glad they all are not the same color.

3 of these Shields has that sight setup. Now that I am around 50, they really help my eyes see the sights when at my indoor range.

Nice collection of Shields you have there Shipwreck! Seems like I have seen those "elsewhere".
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I took an approximately 350 round count pistol class with a 3.1” Shield+ and had a great time. No stoppages all day and I was able to hit what I was aiming at. I was nervous about getting pinched by the mag during malfunction drills but that proved unwarranted. It’s really an amazing little pistol. The trigger breaks pretty far forward which gives it an almost regular trigger reach despite the smaller grip. The recoil is very reasonable and the aggressive grip texture provides fantastic control.

I’m itching to get a 4” version.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I’m itching to get a 4” version.
    My 4" Shield Plus is currently my favorite pistol. It REALLY shoots well. I can shoot it as well as my Beretta M9A3

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast