Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: .357sig pcc

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,343
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Will I went and looked at Underwood .357 mag, the lightest Leighi Defense round they have is 120grn rated at 1700fps from a handgun.

    However I also found this review from a 357mag lever gun user.

    "I used this ammo to harvest two 8-point bucks in WV using a Marlin 1894 with 18.5 inch barrel. One buck was shot at approximately 20 yards and the other at approximately 35 yards. Both deer dropped stone dead to the ground with only slight quivering. Chronograph testing from the Marlin 1894 was approximately 2100 fps. From a 16.5 inch barreled Handi Rifle, the velocity was approximately 2025 fps." William Estep from Underwood Ammo page


    I am convinced that these fluted rounds driven to around 2000fps or higher, would be devastating out of a PCC.

    I am reminded of a conversation I had with the late Jim Cirillo of NYPD stakeout fame. We got talking stopping power and he told me the only weapon that that they had one stop shots with was M1 carbine with 125 grain soft points at 1800fps. They had handguns, shotguns, AR 15, and the M1 carbines and they were the best going for shoot outs in stop and robs.
    Seems likely to me! "The math checks out" as they say. Of course that does not always translate in the real world, but makes perfect sense to me.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,484
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Seems likely to me! "The math checks out" as they say. Of course that does not always translate in the real world, but makes perfect sense to me.
    2000fps is 2000fps, physics are physics. Then if you add the flat front of the bullets, I think that alone would give good results. Then if we add in hydra junk science with the flutes it can hurt.

    Then you look at the jello results it penetrates 17 to 18 inches.

    The biggest question I have how much of a difference one might achieve between the 68 grain +p that out of a 4 inch test barrel goes 1800 out of a 5.5 inch barrel I am hoping for 1900fps V the .357 sig 65 grain at 2200 fps out of a 6 inch barrel.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,343
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    2000fps is 2000fps, physics are physics. Then if you add the flat front of the bullets, I think that alone would give good results. Then if we add in hydra junk science with the flutes it can hurt.

    Then you look at the jello results it penetrates 17 to 18 inches.

    The biggest question I have how much of a difference one might achieve between the 68 grain +p that out of a 4 inch test barrel goes 1800 out of a 5.5 inch barrel I am hoping for 1900fps V the .357 sig 65 grain at 2200 fps out of a 6 inch barrel.
    A 68g bullet doing 2200 fps is essentially SBR AR numbers, with a different shaped projectile, so that sounds to me at least like a winner. I'd expect rifle type perm stretch cavity effects seen at the higher velocities. The jello vids of the bullets were impressive. That's why I had put up this thread a while back:

    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...GUN-AMMUNITION

    Some feel it seemed just an ad for Leighi Defense but I'm still really interested in that bullet.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-15-21 at 12:55.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,484
    Feedback Score
    0
    Here is where I am going with this project, as of now.

    1. I am on a waiting list for a Glock OEM 17L barrel once I get that I will run the 68 grain Leighi Defense through a chrono and see what it is.

    2. I have changed my direction as to platform for now and I have ordered a KPOS Scout to fit the Glock

    3. If the FPS are not enough out of a 6 inch barrel, meaning closing in close to 2000FPS. I have found a place in Europe that makes 7.5" Glock barrels. In one of the reviews at Underwood for the 90 grain 9mm +p+ which is rated out a 4.5 inch barrel by Underwood at 1550FPS, one guy says he is getting 1800 fps out of a 10 inch barrel. So if I can get the FPS I want out of the 6inch barrel, then I will go up to the 7.5".

    I am now thinking a Glock in a KPOS with a brace, will give me greater flexibility than getting an AR or the B&T.

    I know many people here think this bullet is a gimmick, but 2000fps is 2000fps and that if sBR rifle velocity.

    A friend of mine talked me out from trying to do this project in 9mm. In .357 sig I will be over the 2100fps and not have to mess with buying different barrels. So the only purchase will be ammo and some more 40S&W mags.

    How are the various size of ETS mags in 40S&W?
    Last edited by yoni; Yesterday at 13:20.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    234
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    .357sig pcc

    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Here is where I am going with this project, as of now.

    1. I am on a waiting list for a Glock OEM 17L barrel once I get that I will run the 68 grain Leighi Defense through a chrono and see what it is.

    2. I have changed my direction as to platform for now and I have ordered a KPOS Scout to fit the Glock

    3. If the FPS are not enough out of a 6 inch barrel, meaning closing in close to 2000FPS. I have found a place in Europe that makes 7.5" Glock barrels. In one of the reviews at Underwood for the 90 grain 9mm +p+ which is rated out a 4.5 inch barrel by Underwood at 1550FPS, one guy says he is getting 1800 fps out of a 10 inch barrel. So if I can get the FPS I want out of the 6inch barrel, then I will go up to the 7.5".

    I am now thinking a Glock in a KPOS with a brace, will give me greater flexibility than getting an AR or the B&T.

    I know many people here think this bullet is a gimmick, but 2000fps is 2000fps and that if sBR rifle velocity.

    A friend of mine talked me out from trying to do this project in 9mm. In .357 sig I will be over the 2100fps and not have to mess with buying different barrels. So the only purchase will be ammo and some more 40S&W mags.

    How are the various size of ETS mags in 40S&W?
    Don’t quote me on it because I have no experience with it.
    But I read somewhere that the Roni (and perhaps the same with the KPOS and similar platforms) is not as accurate. The sights (or red dot) are on the Roni frame instead of directly on the slide (which moves with every shot), so the relation of the sights to the slide/barrel changes constantly.
    Last edited by j102; Yesterday at 19:02.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,484
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Don’t quote me on it because I have no experience with it.
    But I read somewhere that the Roni (and perhaps the same with the KPOS and similar platforms) is not as accurate. The sights (or red dot) are on the Roni frame instead of directly on the slide (which moves with every shot), so the relation of the sights to the slide/barrel changes constantly.
    I would never buy the Roni, one of the top people there is someone I really don't like.

    I will do some research, thanks for the heads up

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    234
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

    .357sig pcc

    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I would never buy the Roni, one of the top people there is someone I really don't like.

    I will do some research, thanks for the heads up

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •