Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: .357sig pcc

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Weirdest double tap I have had
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-31-21 at 19:07.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It sounds like you have researched penetration and the velocity is certainly eye opening.

Andy

Feedback Score
    I just want to clarify this project depends on the Leighi Defense Underwood ammo load at 2100fps.

When it comes to regular hollowpoints, then we don't see a dimes worth of difference. In this case then give me 9mm, over 357sig.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I just want to clarify this project depends on the Leighi Defense Underwood ammo load at 2100fps.
    Have these been tested on feral hogs?

Feedback Score
    The 357SIG round in 125gr flavor from a full-power maker like Underwood hits ~ 1450fps from a 4" barrel......true .357 Mag velocities. Send that packing out of a longer barrel and you have a decent terminal ballistic profile:

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/357sig.html

That's for a 125gr load. There are 115 loads that go even faster.

I have thought for some time that a 357SIG PDW-type weapon would be awesome with the right ammo. I personally would look to the "heavier" grain loadings than the Lehigh ones but that's just me.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Have these been tested on feral hogs?
    I haven't yet, but I saw a video where someone on youtube shot a hog with a 9mm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

I have thought for some time that a 357SIG PDW-type weapon would be awesome with the right ammo. I personally would look to the "heavier" grain loadings than the Lehigh ones but that's just me.

The advantage that 357 mag had back in the day, came from the higher velocity gave it a much better chance of the hollowpoints that existed back then of opening.
    With FBI getting into the testing of ammo, all ammo has become much better and every manufacturer shoots for the same penetration and expansion. So today the difference between calibers is pretty much non existant and will have ZERO effect on the outcome of a gun fight. Tactics, awareness and shot placement will make up 97% of the outcome.

When we shoot something we need enough penetration to hit vitals, and the more destruction of flesh that we can do is better for a positive result.

Everyone here that has hunted knows a projectile drive at rifle speed, creates more tissue destruction.

As soon as Underwood get the ammo in stock, and I get the 2 357 sig Glocks fitted out. I will be going to shoot feral hogs to test my theory.

The 357 sig 65 grain goes 2100fps at least. It is a solid bullet that can't over expands at those velocities and as a result give us less penetration.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    The 357SIG round in 125gr flavor from a full-power maker like Underwood hits ~ 1450fps from a 4" barrel......true .357 Mag velocities. Send that packing out of a longer barrel and you have a decent terminal ballistic profile:

http://www.ballisticsbytheinch.com/357sig.html

That's for a 125gr load. There are 115 loads that go even faster.

Factory Hornady .357 sig 147 gr XTP ran about 1180 fps over my chrono if I recall from a Glock 32.

That would be excellent SD bullet at that speed.

Feedback Score
    Update;

357 sig is on hold due to supply issues.

But I am putting together a 9mm test platform Leighi Defense from Underwood. I have seen a video where a guy was getting around 1950fps from a Glock 17. So I am going to step it up to running a Glock 17L barrel in my Glock 34. I also am going to test the Leupold Delta Micro with this gun.

As parts come in and I get it together, so I can take it hunting pigs I will keep everyone up to date.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Update;

357 sig is on hold due to supply issues.

But I am putting together a 9mm test platform Leighi Defense from Underwood. I have seen a video where a guy was getting around 1950fps from a Glock 17. So I am going to step it up to running a Glock 17L barrel in my Glock 34. I also am going to test the Leupold Delta Micro with this gun.

As parts come in and I get it together, so I can take it hunting pigs I will keep everyone up to date.
    Yoni,

Which 9mm load of theirs were you specifically looking at (grain, standard, +P, +P+, etc) or were you going to test various ones. Were you also going to look at their "9mm Luger 105gr. Maximum Expansion® Solid Monolithic Hunting & Self Defense Ammo?" I am interested in your thoughts and results on the 9mm ammo, as that is the caliber I use.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast