Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: .357sig pcc

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    So far I have only shot them to 100 and they are very flat shooting about 6 inch drop
    For a pistol cartridge that isn't a bad drop at all for 100y.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    I wonder by how much. Lighter bullets have poorer BC, and I would think that as badly as pistol bullets fly, the lighter bullets would scrub that extra speed rather quickly, flying flatter for a short distance, then just as rainbow-y, but with less retained energy.
    I think the advantage is the potential for that flying flatter for a short distance thing to *hopefully* occur in the range you're expecting, i.e. inside 100m or so (?). Despite being an 11-Chuck I can indeed appreciate not having to lob in a round! I wouldn't expect more from a PCC of 9mm origin. If you're shooting past that distance you have failed in weapon choice!

I was thinking for light weight and ease of carry it would be cool to carry one if/when I walk around my property. 22 acres, mostly wooded. Also a relatively inexpensive PCC and load for a "truck gun" for times when my normal G19 might not be enough.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Remember this is a PDW, which to me says 100 plus or minus is the range that we would be dealing with.

I can't think of a realistic situation where in the USA I would take a longer shot for real.

A PDW has a specific role as a civilian, and that role in my mind is not the same as a rifle caliber SBR. As I have stated in the past I view a PDW that takes the same mags and ammo as the pistol, is a great thing, for civilians and also for covert missions in an urban setting. But I also admit it's range is some what limited, but Travis Haley has a video of one of his staff shooting a MP5 out to 300 getting effective hits on target.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So far I have only shot them to 100 and they are very flat shooting about 6 inch drop
    Thats spot on for what I get with 9mm 147s. I don’t mean that to be snarky, I just think you should have a flatter trajectory than that. Perhaps I overlooked it…..what optical height and zero distance?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    A ballistic calc and a few beers should be able to answer this question.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Thats spot on for what I get with 9mm 147s. I don’t mean that to be snarky, I just think you should have a flatter trajectory than that. Perhaps I overlooked it…..what optical height and zero distance?
    I will go shoot again at 100 when I get all the pieces to build the upper for my CMMG. I will meassure it and take photos. I was saying 6 inches from memory and that is what is stuck in my mind. In the next few weeks if CMMG sends the parts that fast I will issue a full report.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I will go shoot again at 100 when I get all the pieces to build the upper for my CMMG. I will meassure it and take photos. I was saying 6 inches from memory and that is what is stuck in my mind. In the next few weeks if CMMG sends the parts that fast I will issue a full report.
    Oh, duh. You’re talking about the pistol….your PCC isn’t chambered yet. That makes sense. With a 25yd zero on a G19, I’m a foot low at 100 with 147s or 8” low with 125s.

Clint, if you want to do some math, according to my Labradar, a Blue 147gr (148gr) powdercoated flat nose slows from 1036fps to 945fps in 100 meters, giving it a .246 G1 BC. Take that with a grain of salt, of course. A Sierra 147gr HP is advertised at .220 G1 for that velocity range.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey Yoni,

It’s out of stock at the moment but it looks like KAK has a .40/10mm bolt:

https://www.kakindustry.com/40-s-w-10-mm-bcg

I couldn’t remember if you were able to source one yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    Hey Yoni,

It’s out of stock at the moment but it looks like KAK has a .40/10mm bolt:

https://www.kakindustry.com/40-s-w-10-mm-bcg

I couldn’t remember if you were able to source one yet.
    Thanks, but since the gun is a CMMG radial delayed blow back I have to run their bolt which I now have in 40S&W and their barrel 9mm 5 inch. Both of which are now at the gunsmiths to get the barrel reamed to 357 sig.

I also am going to try and find a can to put on this gun. The barrel is 5" but the rail is 7.5", so the can will be down inside the rail for 2.5 inches and then however much sticks out the front. I know it will have bullet crack due to the round being well past supersonic.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks, but since the gun is a CMMG radial delayed blow back I have to run their bolt which I now have in 40S&W and their barrel 9mm 5 inch. Both of which are now at the gunsmiths to get the barrel reamed to 357 sig.

I also am going to try and find a can to put on this gun. The barrel is 5" but the rail is 7.5", so the can will be down inside the rail for 2.5 inches and then however much sticks out the front. I know it will have bullet crack due to the round being well past supersonic.
    Great. I am looking forward to hearing how your setup goes. I am planning on something like you are setting up myself, just in 9mm. I have a SBR AR with a 5" barrel and 10" rail with a can inside. It works great (147gr HST) but is the exact same length as a 10.5" 5.56 AR with A2 FH. I was thinking of a way I could cut the rail to just behind the barrel threads and have some way to reattach the front to the rear portion of the rail. This way I could have a SBR with 5" barrel and no suppressor or a full-length rail with suppressor inside. I also plan on trying some of the Lehigh Defense 9mm rounds in it as they seem promising.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast