Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: .357sig pcc

Feedback Score

.357sig pcc

I really wish someone would a .357 sig AR PCC with a 7 to 8 inch barrel.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I really wish someone would a .357 sig AR PCC with a 7 to 8 inch barrel.
    Unless you reload that could get expensive quick.
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    Unless you reload that could get expensive quick.
    Yeah I know. But I am so fascinated by the Leighi Defense Xtreme Defender 65 grain bullet which achieves 2100fps out of a 4.5" barrel. I am very curious what it would do out of a slightly longer barrel.

I can see a place for a pistol and PCC that used the same lets say Glock mags, for a in the car emergency set up. I have navigated through hostile environments with a concealed pistol and PCC and have not attracted undue attention and we were able to complete the mission. As the situation in the USA cities continues to become more 3rd world, I am think of something with more punch than a 9mm PCC and pistol. But still would like to stay with PCC because the mags are smaller and easier to carry covert in pockets than rifle caliber mags. Even Delta on the Iranian mission thought the same thing, to the point some of the guys were carrying grease guns, and had magazine pouches sewed on the inside of their jackets.

Now I use the BT TP9 for the PCC, and my CZ P07, but would gladly change it for a AR pistol in .357 sig with Law tacital folding brace, so the length would be about 17 " when folded, with a Glock 35 covereted to 357sig.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...24/apc40-thsf/

Apply cash till desired outcome achieved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...24/apc40-thsf/

Apply cash till desired outcome achieved.
    You got me excited, but alas it is 40 S&W.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Which is a 1:1 barrel swap in the majority of handguns ( P229, MP40, G22 etc), take a look at the Armorer's manual:
    https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...C9+English.pdf
    Glock fortay mags feed the sig so thats not an issue. 3 screws and a barrel nut, barrel is a pencil profile w/ a shoulder. Find a gunsmith that's worked with blowback FA SMG's in the past & cuts barrels. .357 case is .37mm longer than a 40, OAL difference is +.16mm for the .357. Probably looking at $5-800 for the barrel work, and 2-4 hours shop time and a few boxes to tune it if you're run up against tolerance stacking. For reference I've seen custom profile 16"-20" rifle barrels quoted around $900 from the likes of Lothar Walther.

Feedback Score
    Allen thank you very much. I actually called B&T today to see if we could make a .357sig TP9, and they said it was too much pressure but they never brought up the APC40. So I will be back on the phone tomorrow.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Yeah I know. But I am so fascinated by the Leighi Defense Xtreme Defender 65 grain bullet which achieves 2100fps out of a 4.5" barrel. I am very curious what it would do out of a slightly longer barrel.

I can see a place for a pistol and PCC that used the same lets say Glock mags, for a in the car emergency set up. I have navigated through hostile environments with a concealed pistol and PCC and have not attracted undue attention and we were able to complete the mission. As the situation in the USA cities continues to become more 3rd world, I am think of something with more punch than a 9mm PCC and pistol. But still would like to stay with PCC because the mags are smaller and easier to carry covert in pockets than rifle caliber mags. Even Delta on the Iranian mission thought the same thing, to the point some of the guys were carrying grease guns, and had magazine pouches sewed on the inside of their jackets.

Now I use the BT TP9 for the PCC, and my CZ P07, but would gladly change it for a AR pistol in .357 sig with Law tacital folding brace, so the length would be about 17 " when folded, with a Glock 35 covereted to 357sig.
    Sweet baby Jesus. And you want to shoot gold bricks out of it! Those Lehigh Defense projectiles are top notch. I use them for SD Loads in my .380 and 9MM hand loads. But damn. They are not cheap. Makes testing costly.
    The Constitution is a "Gun Free Zone" sign for conservatives

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iflyskyhigh View Post
    Sweet baby Jesus. And you want to shoot gold bricks out of it! Those Lehigh Defense projectiles are top notch. I use them for SD Loads in my .380 and 9MM hand loads. But damn. They are not cheap. Makes testing costly.
    Have you shot anything that was living with them?

I spent time today trying to find video of guys that have shot wild pigs with either the 9mm or 357 sig. The 9mm can go as fast as 18-1900 and the 357 sig is 21-2200 fps, that has to I would think some close to doing rifle damage on live flesh but out of a package that fits my covert profile that I have in mind.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I’m almost certain that its unsafe territory, but I’d like to get a CMMG RDB .40 bolt and a 9mm barrel, and ream the barrel to .357 Sig. Actually, I want 9x25 Dillon, by the same process. Totally illogical, just an impulse that likely stems from multiple TBIs. But, yeah, copper projectiles at near rifle velocities, for reasons.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast