Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: .357sig pcc

Feedback Score
    CMMG has such a back log that they are limiting new orders at this time. I am thinking of waiting until they get caught up and seeing if they will build me a 357 sig AR.

But if they don't then I will be forced to get the B&T gun and play games with it.

I did find a video where a guy put a 3A vest panel on a dead pig and when it shot it with 9mm underwood leighi and then later he put a double panel on the pig and the 357 sig underwood leighi defense didn't go through but it shattered the should of the pig.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwU4WVcA7Ik

Feedback Score
    I was doing research into Glock 40 S&W magazines, and it seems that any mags with capacity above 21 rounds are worthless since they are unreliable.

Do reliable 30 round Glock mags exist in 40S&W?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I was doing research into Glock 40 S&W magazines, and it seems that any mags with capacity above 21 rounds are worthless since they are unreliable.

Do reliable 30 round Glock mags exist in 40S&W?
    I assumed that they were as reliable as the Glock 33 rounds 9mm magazines.
    I never bought one as I think they are too big for a handgun. Now, on a PCC, it’s a different story.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I really wish someone would a .357 sig AR PCC with a 7 to 8 inch barrel.
    I'm more interested in a standard .357 mag which seems to benefit more from longer barrel lengths. Winchester .357 Mag
    110 gr JHP from a Marlin lever gun 1725! Does the .357 top out at a barrel length where the .357 Mag continues to get faster? I have not looked, but my understanding is the .357 Sig more optimized for shorter barrels.

Anyone know the answer to that one?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    I'm more interested in a standard .357 mag which seems to benefit more from longer barrel lengths. Winchester .357 Mag
    110 gr JHP from a Marlin lever gun 1725! Does the .357 top out at a barrel length where the .357 Mag continues to get faster? I have not looked, but my understanding is the .357 Sig more optimized for shorter barrels.

I’ve always wished I could get more than four round magazines for the Ruger Deerfield carbine in .44 Rem Mag. That is an excellent little carbine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post

Will I am looking at the underwood .357sig 65 grain solid copper Leighi Defense load out of a 4.5 " they got 2100 fps guys out a 6" are getting over 2200 fps.

I am not the smartest guy in the world, but 2200fps is 2200fps. I think for an urban PDW that must be carried covert this is a game changer and then to have a pistol that can use the same mags is also a big plus.

In urban mission, your going to be hard pressed to have to shoot more than 100 meters, as a civilian in the USA during times of mayhem and riots.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Will I am looking at the underwood .357sig 65 grain solid copper Leighi Defense load out of a 4.5 " they got 2100 fps guys out a 6" are getting over 2200 fps.

I am not the smartest guy in the world, but 2200fps is 2200fps. I think for an urban PDW that must be carried covert this is a game changer and then to have a pistol that can use the same mags is also a big plus.

In urban mission, your going to be hard pressed to have to shoot more than 100 meters, as a civilian in the USA during times of mayhem and riots.
    But if my thinking is accurate, you might get even more zip from the .357 Mag with 65 grain solid copper Leighi Defense load from the barrel length you indicated as .357 Mag benefits more from a longer PDW length barrel than .357 Sig (how much I didn't look), perhaps another 2-300 fps? Make sense?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Will my HK AK as I call my PTR 32 with 8 inch barrel goes about 2200 fps, but with a bullet twice the weight. So I am happy with 2200 fps, and know it will hurt going in if I shoot someone.

I don't know of any PCC that uses .357magnum that uses magazines.

Also that .357 mag rifle would not fit into a small backpack that would be easy to carry and covert because it doesn't look gun bag.

I always go back to mission.

Mission for this concept gun is two fold. First a gun that could be carried covertly to synagogue and still deliver rifle velocity for a max of a 50 yard shot. Second as life moves forward I think that next spring and summer we may see riots that will make BLM stuff seem tame. The reason is the economic hardships that the lower and middle class will have to survive through.

So again a small PCC that can deliver rifle velocity and also use pistol sized mags, beats a small rifle every day of the week. How does it beat the rifle, easier to carry pistol mags in your left front pants pocket than rifle mags. I can put 2 Glock 33 mags in my pocket and it is comfortable and hard to see. The same is not true with AR 30 round mags. The PCC also beats the rifle in reduced muzzle blast. The blast in a 7 inch AR isn't fun for me.

Also on your .357 mag rifle, if I can carry a weapon that sized then why not my HKAK or a SBR AR with law folder?

I am not sure my project will be successful from a logistics stand point. 357 sig PCC, aren't off the shelf items and the ETS 30 round 40 S&W mags seem like they have a ton of problems.

I may be forced to stay with 9mm 65 grain bullet at 1900fps

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    On the left, 8mm Nambu....WWII Japanese pistol ammo.

On the right, 9mm Nambu. Yankee Imperialists appropriated the design and call it .357 SIG....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    8mm Nambu…

102 grain going 1,030 feet/second.

Compare it to .357 SIG…

125 grain going 1,430 feet/second.

Higher pressure does a lot of fun stuff.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast