Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: .357sig pcc

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Then it’s not the bolt cycling over the top of the magazine.

Feedback Score
    i am sending it to someone that builds 357 sig uppers to see if he can get it running

Feedback Score
    So the guy that builds DI 357 sig uppers that I sent the upper to, could not get it to run in a safe manor.

I am thinking about dumping the whole project.

If I feel the need for a pistol PCC combo, I just might drop back to 9mm and admit defeat on the 357 sig combo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    So the guy that builds DI 357 sig uppers that I sent the upper to, could not get it to run in a safe manor.

I am thinking about dumping the whole project.

If I feel the need for a pistol PCC combo, I just might drop back to 9mm and admit defeat on the 357 sig combo.
    I would have from the start. There is a reason no one makes one. And the fact you had to make special rounds for it, defeats the purpose of having a pcc.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I would have from the start. There is a reason no one makes one. And the fact you had to make special rounds for it, defeats the purpose of having a pcc.
    I don't know... nothing ventured, nothing gained. If this idea can be made to work, it has the potential to create quite an interesting niche in the PCC market. A PCC with rifle wounding capability is a worthy pursuit. I'm rooting for Yoni to succeed.

ETA: It's probably too expensive for an individual to undertake, but I think a delayed unlocking mechanism of some sort is the solution. Direct blowback just won't work with 357 Sig.
    Last edited by georgeib; 08-28-23 at 17:16.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I don't know... nothing ventured, nothing gained. If this idea can be made to work, it has the potential to create quite an interesting niche in the PCC market. A PCC with rifle wounding capability is a worthy pursuit. I'm rooting for Yoni to succeed.

ETA: It's probably too expensive for an individual to undertake, but I think a delayed unlocking mechanism of some sort is the solution. Direct blowback just won't work with 357 Sig.
    Yeah. I think a RDB .40 BCG with a reamed 9mm barrel is the only real move. The RDB .40 bolt looks to have more delay than the 9mm one, also.

Edit: damn, that’s what he was trying I think. For some reason I thought he was trying to do straight blowback.
    Last edited by 1168; 08-28-23 at 17:52.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I was using a CMMG radial delayed blow back. CMMG 9mm barrel reamed to 357sig, 40S&W bolt.

The next step if I take it will be having a DI 357sig upper built. I have to think about it.

Or just buy a KPOS and plug the 6 inch 357 Glock 35 into it.

I think the concept is still sound, the DI upper is like $1100, the KPOS and SBR stamp would be like $500.

Regarding the question of special ammo, yes the carry ammo is the Underwood Leighi Defense but for practice any ammo would do.

I just thought of an advantage of going KPOS, it would be easy to plug the 9mm clone of my 357 sig Glock into it for practice.
    Last edited by yoni; 08-29-23 at 05:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’d still like to see a picture of the feed ramp and where the magazine presents the rounds.

Feedback Score
    I know it's not an AR type weapon, but the META Tactical Glock bullpup conversion might end up being the best bet. I called and asked them if they were going to do one in 357Sig and the said it was "on the list". It comes with a 16" barrel and you use the rest of the pistol in it. *Maybe* would require a heavier recoil spring but for function you're using the base Glock just with a longer barrel. Being a bullpup has it's own obvious advantages regarding length.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Have some concern over the accuracy of the META bullpup, I have seen reports that the accuracy sucked.

Regarding photos, the parts are already in the mail back to me, so no photos.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast