Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: .357sig pcc

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Will my HK AK as I call my PTR 32 with 8 inch barrel goes about 2200 fps, but with a bullet twice the weight. So I am happy with 2200 fps, and know it will hurt going in if I shoot someone.

I don't know of any PCC that uses .357magnum that uses magazines.

Also that .357 mag rifle would not fit into a small backpack that would be easy to carry and covert because it doesn't look gun bag.

I always go back to mission.

Mission for this concept gun is two fold. First a gun that could be carried covertly to synagogue and still deliver rifle velocity for a max of a 50 yard shot. Second as life moves forward I think that next spring and summer we may see riots that will make BLM stuff seem tame. The reason is the economic hardships that the lower and middle class will have to survive through.

So again a small PCC that can deliver rifle velocity and also use pistol sized mags, beats a small rifle every day of the week. How does it beat the rifle, easier to carry pistol mags in your left front pants pocket than rifle mags. I can put 2 Glock 33 mags in my pocket and it is comfortable and hard to see. The same is not true with AR 30 round mags. The PCC also beats the rifle in reduced muzzle blast. The blast in a 7 inch AR isn't fun for me.

Also on your .357 mag rifle, if I can carry a weapon that sized then why not my HKAK or a SBR AR with law folder?

I am not sure my project will be successful from a logistics stand point. 357 sig PCC, aren't off the shelf items and the ETS 30 round 40 S&W mags seem like they have a ton of problems.

I may be forced to stay with 9mm 65 grain bullet at 1900fps
    Was not considering realities of existing options and designs, just an interest in what .357 mag might offer ballistically in similar PDW barrel lengths utilizing the Leighi bullet vs .357 Sig.

Not sure about PDW length per se, but would like to see a short semi auto .357 Mag rifle for HD and other uses. You can find lever guns all day, semi auto seems to be a unicorn.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-14-21 at 15:29.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was doing research into Glock 40 S&W magazines, and it seems that any mags with capacity above 21 rounds are worthless since they are unreliable.
    Are you implying that the OEM 22 round magazine is unreliable, or that it doesn't hold 22 rounds? I have one but only load it to 21 as the last round doesn't want to go in. I am OK with that but if there is a reliability concern I would like to know.

Feedback Score
    No I have nothing against OEM glock mags and as to the 21 it was my mistake.

I was looking at happy sticks from ETS and SGW reviews, that raised my concern.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Useless post deleted.
    Last edited by Disciple; 10-14-21 at 16:01.

Feedback Score
    Will I went and looked at Underwood .357 mag, the lightest Leighi Defense round they have is 120grn rated at 1700fps from a handgun.

However I also found this review from a 357mag lever gun user.

"I used this ammo to harvest two 8-point bucks in WV using a Marlin 1894 with 18.5 inch barrel. One buck was shot at approximately 20 yards and the other at approximately 35 yards. Both deer dropped stone dead to the ground with only slight quivering. Chronograph testing from the Marlin 1894 was approximately 2100 fps. From a 16.5 inch barreled Handi Rifle, the velocity was approximately 2025 fps." William Estep from Underwood Ammo page

I am convinced that these fluted rounds driven to around 2000fps or higher, would be devastating out of a PCC.

I am reminded of a conversation I had with the late Jim Cirillo of NYPD stakeout fame. We got talking stopping power and he told me the only weapon that that they had one stop shots with was M1 carbine with 125 grain soft points at 1800fps. They had handguns, shotguns, AR 15, and the M1 carbines and they were the best going for shoot outs in stop and robs.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I’m considering a CZ Scorpion for the same reasons. As we all know, it doesn’t use the same magazines as the Glock handguns.
    I am only mentioning it as to follow up on the idea of having a PCC for urban carry vs a rifle. Magazines for the CZ Scorpion carry 30 rounds and one can carry several on his pockets or backpack.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    I’m considering a CZ Scorpion for the same reasons. As we all know, it doesn’t use the same magazines as the Glock handguns.
    I am only mentioning it as to follow up on the idea of having a PCC for urban carry vs a rifle.
    I have run hundreds of covert missions, where discovery would have resulted in a very bad time. Weapons were micro or mini Uzi with a Browning Hi Power in the really old days later a Glock 17. I am a big fan of a small PCC, with the technology of today where we can drive a light weight pistol round to 1900 or more from a 5 inch or longer PCC, I think it has a lot of promise.

CZ Scorpion is a good gun, I would buy one if I didn't already have a B&T TP9.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

.357sig pcc

I have run hundreds of covert missions, where discovery would have resulted in a very bad time. Weapons were micro or mini Uzi with a Browning Hi Power in the really old days later a Glock 17. I am a big fan of a small PCC, with the technology of today where we can drive a light weight pistol round to 1900 or more from a 5 inch or longer PCC, I think it has a lot of promise.

CZ Scorpion is a good gun, I would buy one if I didn't already have a B&T TP9.
    Thank you. It’s definitely good to hear the opinion of someone with your experience.
    I already have an AR9 pistol that takes Glock magazines, but for some reason I am set on buying the CZ Scorpion.
    When is Glock going to make a pistol carbine?
    Last edited by 202; 10-14-21 at 20:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Thank you. It’s definitely good to hear the opinion of someone with your experience.
    I already have an AR9 pistol that takes Glock magazines, but for some reason I am set on buying the CZ Scorpion.
    When is Glock going to make a pistol carbine?
    I think you’ll like the scorpion better. The mags were just meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    I think you’ll like the scorpion better. The mags were just meant to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m sure I will.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast