Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: .357sig pcc

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

.357sig pcc

Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I am slowly getting everything I need. It seems the country is falling apart and things are not available.

Due to this I am moving ahead with both 9mm and 357sig.

If I remember correctly someone makes a .357mag 1911
    Did you find anything in relation to the accuracy of the KPOS platform?
    Is that what you are going with?
    I’m interested in the same idea (and I am getting a CZ Scorpion too lol)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Nice article about the PMR30 magazine design and how kel tec solved the rimmed cartridge issue.
    https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/do...ed-cartridges/
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Did you find anything in relation to the accuracy of the KPOS platform?
    Is that what you are going with?
    I’m interested in the same idea (and I am getting a CZ Scorpion too lol)
    I talked to guys that have used the KPOS and they said it is good to go. That it obviously does not increase the accuracy of the pistol in and of itself. However it did increase the practical accuracy as it makes it easier for long shots over a regular handgun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

.357sig pcc

I talked to guys that have used the KPOS and they said it is good to go. That it obviously does not increase the accuracy of the pistol in and of itself. However it did increase the practical accuracy as it makes it easier for long shots over a regular handgun.
    Sounds good. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    81MMCAT beat me to the Coonan answer.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-28-21 at 07:34.

Feedback Score
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UlgfaFEiZw

MAC test 2 of the best rifle caliber PDW's in this video one in 7.62x39 and the other in 300 blk. At about 12:20 into the video he give the velocities out of both of these guns and they are in the 1700FPS range.

While the 9mm 68 grain +p leighi defense from Underwood out of a 4" barrel is faster at 1800FPS add a few inches of barrel length and I am pretty sure it will be closer to 2000FPS. As you know the .357sig 65grain bullet is at 2100 FPS out of a 4.5" barrel and many people out of a 6" are getting close to 2300FPS.

Combine this with smaller magazine size and lighter weight of the weapon system for the PCC, I think it is proof of concept.

Add a barrel length of over lets say 8.5" to the rifle caliber guns and we start to see an advantage starting to go to the rifles.

But for a covert PDW, I think the PCC, with hotrod new technology ammo is the way to go. Or let me put it this way, even with more conventional I alway thought it could get the job done for this mission.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UlgfaFEiZw

MAC test 2 of the best rifle caliber PDW's in this video one in 7.62x39 and the other in 300 blk. At about 12:20 into the video he give the velocities out of both of these guns and they are in the 1700FPS range.

While the 9mm 68 grain +p leighi defense from Underwood out of a 4" barrel is faster at 1800FPS add a few inches of barrel length and I am pretty sure it will be closer to 2000FPS. As you know the .357sig 65grain bullet is at 2100 FPS out of a 4.5" barrel and many people out of a 6" are getting close to 2300FPS.

Combine this with smaller magazine size and lighter weight of the weapon system for the PCC, I think it is proof of concept.

Add a barrel length of over lets say 8.5" to the rifle caliber guns and we start to see an advantage starting to go to the rifles.

But for a covert PDW, I think the PCC, with hotrod new technology ammo is the way to go. Or let me put it this way, even with more conventional I alway thought it could get the job done for this mission.
    In all fairness, the 7.62 and 300 BO both run a bullet nearly twice as heavy with a much higher sectional density than the 65 grain .357 projectile.

It really seems that the 7.62x25 loaded with a similar weight copper projectile would be better suited and would also offer higher capacity in the same size magazine.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-30-21 at 12:16.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    In all fairness, the 7.62 and 300 BO both run a bullet nearly twice as heavy with a much higher sectional density than the 65 grain .357 projectile.

Andy
    If we were talking carbines or rifles I would agree with you.

But we are talking PDW, which to me says range of yes than a 100 yards. We dont seem to have an issue with a 5.56 55 grain or 65 gran out of a 10.5" barrel for firing a light projectile.

If I go up to an 8.5 inch barrel then yes give me my 7,62x39. Go up to 10.5 then please 6.5 Gendel.

But close range covert PDW, I am happy with a 65 grain bullet going 2100FPS

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    What barrel length do you consider PDW? ~4-6"?

But we are talking PDW, which to me says range of yes than a 100 yards.

But close range covert PDW, I am happy with a 65 grain bullet going 2100FPS
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Clint I would say even up to 7" barrel. But I am more concerned with overall length of the weapon and weight. The role is for a covert PDW, carried in a very small bag.I also like the size of PCC magazines for this role unlike rifle mags.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast