Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: .357sig pcc

Feedback Score
    I will look at the 68 grain +p 9mm load.

I think the 68 grain will give me the 2000fps, I am seeking. I watched a video where a guy was getting 1950fps out of a Glock 19 with a 4.5" barrel. I now have a 6" barrel that will go into my Glock 34 .

If I can get 2000fps out of a 9mm, and it does well on hogs then that is a winning round.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post

I think the 68 grain will give me the 2000fps, I am seeking. I watched a video where a guy was getting 1950fps out of a Glock 19 with a 4.5" barrel. I now have a 6" barrel that will go into my Glock 34 .

If I can get 2000fps out of a 9mm, and it does well on hogs then that is a winning round.
    That's getting pretty close to 5.56 SBR numbers. Would be interesting to see what the perm cavity looks like on a hog.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    357 sig is on hold due to supply issues.
    Which supply issues? Your concept has me looking at 357 SIG conversion barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have thought that a subgun in .30 carbine might be effective. High capacity, serious cartridge and effective out to 100m. ?

Feedback Score

I don't think it's possible from a 9mm package. Even if you came close to that with a 9mm +P or +P+ with the light 65-68gr bullets will you get the penetration you are looking for? The velocity will be juiced up no doubt, but the physics of the weight vs length ratio (I forget what it is called) would seem to me to indicate lower-than-optimal penetration. Not sure if a FMJ template would work better or not.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    If .35 caliber is key, 350 Legend might be the best combination of AR fit, power and cost. Or try 300 BO, which is designed for shorter barrels. In any case, straight blowback can only handle so much chamber pressure, unless you use something to delay the blowback, like HK roller locking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I don't think it's possible from a 9mm package. Even if you came close to that with a 9mm +P or +P+ with the light 65-68gr bullets will you get the penetration you are looking for? The velocity will be juiced up no doubt, but the physics of the weight vs length ratio (I forget what it is called) would seem to me to indicate lower-than-optimal penetration. Not sure if a FMJ template would work better or not.
    sectional density
    logic would imply that short wide projectiles destabilize quickly and penetrate more poor than long skinny ones

Feedback Score
    https://www.underwoodammo.com/357-si...-defender.html

Finally the ammo is back in stock. I am going to be ordering a bunch of it.

Underwood say 2100 fps out of Glock 31, I am going to be going with my Glock 35 with 5.85 inch threaded barrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2lPnw3Dm6s

I cant wait to get this ammo out to shoot hogs with friends. If it performs as I believe it will, then the Glock 35 will get a Leupold Delta Micro installed and become my carry gun. I then will get on the waiting list for a 357 sig upper with an 8 inch barrel. This will be matted to a CMMG Glock lower. I then will have the perfect duo for carry pistol and truck gun. All mags will be the same and this should work very well out to 150 meters. I don't think as a civilian I will ever need longer than that and I put needing distance past 75 meters as like almost never in civilian situations in the USA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Norma has something similar, a little slower (no barrel length spec) but not +P.

https://normashooting.com/shop/calib...efense-qty-20/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Which supply issues? Your concept has me looking at 357 SIG conversion barrels.
    Underwood was always sold out of the 357 sig. But they are back in stock now.

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast