Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gen 5 Glock Trigger Upgrades….

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadAngler1 View Post
    The channel liner and the spring cups? WTF?

Makes me want to buy another gen 3 G17 and G19 while I can. Seriously, what does the Gen 5 do for me? I rather have the slide milled for an Acro anyway rather than use a MOS plate.
    Wonder if the maritime cups would allow more grit to pass. I have a Gen 5 19 that I haven't even shot yet. Not worried about it as I can replace someparts if need be. Curious the long term fix though

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pag23 View Post
    Wonder if the maritime cups would allow more grit to pass. I have a Gen 5 19 that I haven't even shot yet. Not worried about it as I can replace someparts if need be. Curious the long term fix though
    Good question about the maritime cups. The issues is you need a letter from an agency to get them from Glock. I don’t understood the logic.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Support your local Deputy.

It is better to sweat in Training than Bleed in Battle.

www.usnst.org

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I can live with an additional $10 of maintenance every 2k rounds. Happier if that wasn't necessary, but it's probably not a bad thing to detail strip, replace a few consumables, and deep clean every couple cases of ammo. The idea of using maritime cups sounds interesting.

I can't find an overwatch trigger assembly to save my life, so I'm going to try the Apex myself. Thanks to everyone chiming in on this thread, good info here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Check:
    R side slide stop lever, trigger bar, and frame rub.
    Cruciform and FP lug engagement square or signs of a high side/edge.
    Condition of connector and trigger bar engagement, plating flaking, anomalous wear, etc.

With the exception of the R side lever, these can occur in all generations. There's no reason why they would be unique to the 5.

I believe 17K, but have not seen these trigger grit issues associated with the slide components (except FP lug) if properly installed. I have replaced FP spacer sleeves that cracked for some reason in high mileage guns, but that's rare.

Maritime cups don't offer anything here.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123