Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glock Trigger Upgrades….

Feedback Score

Gen 5 Glock Trigger Upgrades….

Has anyone installed a Wilson Combat or Apex trigger upgrade for a gen 5 glock?

After 1500 rounds, my Gen 5 glock 19 trigger lost its smoothness even after a nice cleaning.

I installed an Apex trigger, and it’s definitely nicer. However, the trigger shoe dimensions/geometry are as such that they cause me to rub my trigger finger inside the trigger guard. I don’t have this problem with my Gen3/4 G17/19 glocks that also have Apex trigger systems.

Was curious if anyone had a similar issue on their gen 5 or tried either the Wilson or Apex triggers?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    What part being replaced would bring it back to smooth? Also, when was your G19 purchased? This isn't the first time someone has reported a problem with Gen5 Glock triggers getting worse with use.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Interesting....I will have to ask my buddy on what his dept feedback has been...

Feedback Score
    I haven't run the Wilson or Apex triggers. All of my G19.5s and G17.5s are using Overwatch Precision DAT triggers, except my duty gun. Our policy on aftermarket triggers is outdated and dumb. No issues or complaints on the OP triggers.

My duty G17.5 hasn't had any issue with the trigger getting worse and I'm about 3k into it. Can you go into more detail about how it "lost it's smoothness"? Glock triggers aren't known for being anything close to good.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have owned a pile of Gen5s since ‘17 and have noticed that by about 2K rounds the triggers tend to get gritty and heavier.

I got tired of trying to fix them and have a 17 with about 9K through it and it’s pretty gritty and breaks at about 7lbs but hasn’t gotten any worse and all the safeties work.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I haven't run the Wilson or Apex triggers. All of my G19.5s and G17.5s are using Overwatch Precision DAT triggers, except my duty gun. Our policy on aftermarket triggers is outdated and dumb. No issues or complaints on the OP triggers.

My duty G17.5 hasn't had any issue with the trigger getting worse and I'm about 3k into it. Can you go into more detail about how it "lost it's smoothness"? Glock triggers aren't known for being anything close to good.
    It's all about the liability on AM triggers...who has deeper pockets Glock or OP..

Wonder if the grittiness some stated is trigger bar and disconnector related...

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    G19 Gen5 trigger is absolute shit after a couple thousand. Going to replace everything with OP NP3 components and a Falx trigger. Hopefully that helps.

Strange that 2x G34 Gen5 have excellent triggers with more rounds through them.
    Last edited by scooter22; 10-13-21 at 08:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter22 View Post
    G19 Gen5 trigger is absolute shit after a couple thousand. Going to replace everything with OP NP3 components and a Falx trigger. Hopefully that helps.

Strange that 2x G34 Gen5 have excellent triggers with more rounds through them.
    Am wondering why this is. Is it because some sort of coating has worn off? Or perhaps because of wear on a part of the trigger housing or frame? What is wearing?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Am wondering why this is. Is it because some sort of coating has worn off? Or perhaps because of wear on a part of the trigger housing or frame? What is wearing?
    I honestly don't know off the top of my head. I know there is at least one other thread on here about the issue. I *think* I recall 17K posting about plating flaking off, and sending his components to Robar to have NP3'd.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yep. That was me.

It didn’t help. It’s the channel liners and spring cups that go bad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast