Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 5 Glock Trigger Upgrades….

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Yep. That was me.

It didn’t help. It’s the channel liners and spring cups that go bad.
    Interesting. That's an easy enough fix, I supposed.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yep. That was me.

Interesting..wonder if crud is getting jammed in there causing additional wear....maybe due to some slight tolerance difference between Gen 5 and prior versions...

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    At least one other member reported similar issues.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Yep. That was me.

Do you have a link to that thread?

Ultimately, what did you end up doing? Are you still running Gen 5s?
    Last edited by scooter22; 10-13-21 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yeah, still running Gen5s. I have 8 of ‘em,

After I figured out what was going wrong I kinda lost interest in fixing it and have just been rocking a gritty 7lb trigger.

I only had one that failed to fully reset and I fixed it with a new channel liner and spring cups. That’s sort of a big deal as if the trigger doesn’t fully reset it’s not drop safe at all, so I function check regularly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by opngrnd View Post
    What part being replaced would bring it back to smooth? Also, when was your G19 purchased? This isn't the first time someone has reported a problem with Gen5 Glock triggers getting worse with use.
    The Gen 5 kit comes with a trigger (trigger shoe), new trigger bar and new connector. The Gen 3/4 kit Apex sells includes all of that but also a safety plunger that is more smooth.

I suspect changing the connector and trigger bar on my gen 5 G19. My problem is the Apex trigger (trigger shoe) on the gen 5 models only (not Gen 3/4) causes me to rub the trigger guard with my trigger finger. The trigger pull itself is very smooth (better than the stock gen 5 trigger).

I purchased my gen 5 G 19 a month or so after they hit the US market. When was that? 2017-18? I honestly cannot remember. Yes, many have complained about the trigger becoming gritty after 1000 rounds.

Thanks for all of the replies
    Last edited by MadAngler1; 10-13-21 at 23:13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vandal View Post
    I haven't run the Wilson or Apex triggers. All of my G19.5s and G17.5s are using Overwatch Precision DAT triggers, except my duty gun. Our policy on aftermarket triggers is outdated and dumb. No issues or complaints on the OP triggers.

My duty G17.5 hasn't had any issue with the trigger getting worse and I'm about 3k into it. Can you go into more detail about how it "lost it's smoothness"? Glock triggers aren't known for being anything close to good.
    I would describe it as a creepy like pull or getting more “grit”. No longer a smooth pull or press to the rear so to speak. It’s like something inside is grinding on something. When I took it apart and detail cleaned it, I saw nothing wrong.

I have a new G45 for the wife and the trigger still feels smooth after 700-800 rounds or so.

Feedback Score
    I have owned a pile of Gen5s since ‘17 and have noticed that by about 2K rounds the triggers tend to get gritty and heavier.

I got tired of trying to fix them and have a 17 with about 9K through it and it’s pretty gritty and breaks at about 7lbs but hasn’t gotten any worse and all the safeties work.
    Yep. Definitely unlike the Gen 3/4s, which were consistently subpar triggers lol. Apex kits fix all of that though.

Feedback Score
    Yep. That was me.

The channel liner and the spring cups? WTF?

Makes me want to buy another gen 3 G17 and G19 while I can. Seriously, what does the Gen 5 do for me? I rather have the slide milled for an Acro anyway rather than use a MOS plate.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, still running Gen5s. I have 8 of ‘em,

After I figured out what was going wrong I kinda lost interest in fixing it and have just been rocking a gritty 7lb trigger.

I only had one that failed to fully reset and I fixed it with a new channel liner and spring cups. That’s sort of a big deal as if the trigger doesn’t fully reset it’s not drop safe at all, so I function check regularly.
    How does one replace the spring cups?

Jagerwerks had to remove and replace my channel liner when they milled my Gen 4 G17 slide recently. How do you remove the old channel liner? I see there are tools to install it, but it seems hard to take out.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast