Thread: Terminator Brakes

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Terminator Brakes

Hi all,

Glass is in and my mount will be in today. Now I'm looking for a new brake for my Tac A1 in 6.5CM. I've heard little on the Terminator brakes but what it did hear was all positive. Their YouTube sled-recoil videos look impressive but I'm looking for some real world insight. Most important to me is keeping the scope on target to see my hits and misses. Blast/concussion would be second. I know there are multiple factors that affect recoil and muzzle rise but I can address one with the brake.

The other brake I'm looking at is the PVA Jet Blast. It seems to check all the boxes and for half the price yet the Terminator still intrigues me, maybe the extra ports, three vs Five on the Terminator TT. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I think both share a lot of the same thinking as far as port numbers and design.

The PVA is made in Georgia and is more than enough for a 6.5 Creed (which isn't really a challenge, gas volume and time-wise). Probably better, value-wise.

I have a 5-port Terminator TE on my Sako TRG-42 -- but that is on a light rifle in 338 Lapua, shooting 250-, 285-, and 300-grain projos over 94 to 96 grains of Retumbo, for a guy with a jacked-up neck.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    I think both share a lot of the same thinking as far as port numbers and design.

The PVA is made in Georgia and is more than enough for a 6.5 Creed (which isn't really a challenge, gas volume and time-wise). Probably better, value-wise.

I have a 5-port Terminator TE on my Sako TRG-42 -- but that is on a light rifle in 338 Lapua, shooting 250-, 285-, and 300-grain projos over 94 to 96 grains of Retumbo, for a guy with a jacked-up neck.
    Thanks for the info. The PVA looks hard to beat, all things considered.