Thread: Ruger Mark iv alum barrel with steel brake

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Ruger Mark iv alum barrel with steel brake

There many options to put a brake on a ruger mark iv 22/45 lite, and as far as I can find, the brakes are all aluminum. Being just a 22lr, I don’t see any problem with that. They are not taming much recoil anyway.

While I’m waiting on my 22lr suppressor to be approved I have been playing around with some 1/2x28 steel brakes and bird cage MD’s that I have laying around from previous ar’s. The mark iv’s threaded barrel and upper receiver are made out of aluminum. Should there be concern with using a steel md on aluminum threads? I don’t want to booger up the softer threads on the barrel. If no concern, I don’t mind having something on there other than just the thread protector as they do reduce a little bit of muzzle flip. I figure it’s not terrible since most cans are steel or titanium; something harder than aluminum.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Dont know why you would bother. Wait for your suppressor.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    It’s not going to do any damage unless you did something absurd (like leave it loosely threaded and hit it with a hammer) or cause any corrosion issues on finished metals.