Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnifier options/reviews

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Magnifier options/reviews

So I have a Aimpoint Comp M4, I like it and I know it's a little on the large side. So far I have it paired with an Aimpoint 3X magnifier, the older "pro" model. Both work just fine but I now realize I have more powerful options:

Sig Juliet 4X and 6X
    EO Tech G45 5X

So I'm thinking that a 4X option just isn't enough of a difference from my 3X to justify the money. A 6X seems like a good option but I haven't heard anything on it. I really like the idea of a 5X too and I've heard good things about EOTech glass quality. So which would you choose or presently have? What do like/dislike about them?

Thank you

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Honestly I think if you want more than 3x, you are better served getting a LPVO from 1-6/1-8/1-10. Most magnifiers have pretty short eye relief and the optical clarity won't match what you'll get out of a dedicated optic.

I think the reason is there aren't many reviews on 6x magnifiers of any sort is they kind of suck.

I have a couple of the Aimpint 3X-C and like them for what they are, adding some mag to a RDS rifle. But if I want dedicated magnification and not a red dot, I'll grab my NX-8 equipped rifles in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 10-14-21 at 09:52.

Feedback Score
    Aimpoint has been offering a 6x magnifier for a while now...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebiuspower View Post
    Aimpoint has been offering a 6x magnifier for a while now...
    That’s correct… and the 3x I have is awesome.

But as stated, if you are either 1x or 6x… no in between. LPVO is superior. And for the money (their 6x magnifier is $850… without red dot), LPVO is also probably cheaper.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Screwball View Post
    That’s correct… and the 3x I have is awesome.

But as stated, if you are either 1x or 6x… no in between. LPVO is superior. And for the money (their 6x magnifier is $850… without red dot), LPVO is also probably cheaper.
    I know the Aimpoint 6X is big bucks which is why it isn't an option. My 3X Aimpoint I got for around 1/2 price due to it being a store demo.

Feedback Score
    I will note that the Aimpoint 6XMag-1 also suffers from a very small FOV, which is why I personally passed on it. I would say that the EOTech is the one most likely to gain further aftermarket support, if that's something you care about.

The LPVO and magnifier/unmagnified optic combo fulfill distinctly different roles, IMO, and while there is overlap, I personally use them in very different ways.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    I know the Aimpoint 6X is big bucks which is why it isn't an option. My 3X Aimpoint I got for around 1/2 price due to it being a store demo.
    Its optical clarity is very poor. Finicky eye box and low light transmission. That is likely why it doesn't get talked about much...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've man handled a Juliet 6 a couple of times.

I was in a similar boat, but after trying it I decided to pass.

The eye box and eye relief was very unforgiving.

I would love to check out the Juliet 4 and Eotech G45.

The Juliet 4 gets great reviews on the interwebs for what it's worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Magnifier options/reviews

Another thing to keep in mind with magnifiers is that the dot is magnified too. With a second focal plane LPVO, the dot/reticle size remains the same.
    If I go higher than 3X, I would look for a LPVO.
    Last edited by 202; 10-14-21 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Another thing to keep in mind with magnifiers is that the dot is magnified too. With a second focal plane LPVO, the dot/reticle size remains the same.
    If I go higher than 3X, I would look for a LPVO.
    There's still a place & time for dot & magnifier combo especially on the Mil/LE side...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast