Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Modlite PLHv2 vs Modlite OKW through a LVPO

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    Given the ambient light of the full moon and some ambient pollution from a lit softball field 1/3 mile away, the lights were robbing the Modlites somewhat as they had to burn through in the 100+ yards of open area. There was noticeable haze and this is with the clarity of the best glass/image money can buy in an LPVO. With consideration, 150y was pushing the limits of detailed facial features given the conditions. Like mirage, this "haze" was not helped by dialing up more magnification.

Say you had to pick an unknown out of a 6 or 8 person picture line-up of similar features, you'd probably have enough info to narrow it to a few, but 100% positive ID would be iffy beyond 150y in the conditions we were in.
    Good information thank you. But seeing the image of a man at 150-200 yards was doable even through the LPVO?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I've run both in conjunction with Aimpoints, a Razor 1-6, and a Mark 5HD 3.6-18. Realistically, either works well with all three optics, but since I get to choose: I lean OKW with magnification over 3x and PLHv2 with RDS or RDS+3x magnifier. There is also a version of the OKW that will accept CR123s, which can be a good thing in some professional contexts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12