Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supply Chain Fiasco's and Guitars.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Supply Chain Fiasco's and Guitars.

Very few Guitars are made in America anymore, but that's neither here nor there in this story.
    I wanted a twelve string guitar, more importantly a "high end" 12 string. Although I could buy just about anything, I had recently purchased a 6 string Yamaha Red Label guitar and was highly impressed with it.
    I traveled a bit and tried many guitars and although I couldn't find this exact example , I found the next one down in price and quality and was happy. I played the heck out it in the store, very nice.
    So I went home, looked it up and ordered it in August and waited.
    I got a call Monday asking if he could interest me in something else as the one I ordered wouldn't be in until January. I said "No I will wait, I've got a 12 string Martin in the other room."

So today's Thursday, my guitar came in, that's right, four days later, here it is.

So who's in charge of this supply chain, how did it get this jacked up and how do we fix it?

Feedback Score
    We get rid of current government officials, mandates, and the fear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tough to battle a full court press selling false fear 24 hours a day. People are ready to move on even if it's just their fairy tale belief in Madurna's concoction. But the supply chain can't catch up fast enough.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Someone needs to make a Joe Biden as Grinch picture and distribute it far and wide.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I don't have a solution, but Larrivee gave me an outstanding military discount. Made in USA, awesome customer service. Maybe give them a call?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    No, really once I played a red label Yamaha, I was hooked.
    Well, that and the guitar will likely be here Sunday.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Very few Guitars are made in America anymore, but that's neither here nor there in this story.
    I've got an Ibanez that was actually made in the USA. More or less a Satriani model he had specd out the way he wanted it / them and then built in their USA 'custom shop'. Even the damn pickups are USA made...

With how thin the neck it and how low the action is - It is about effortless to play. Perfect fretwork - as in 'better' than guitars I spent good money paying to have fretwork jobs done on by professionals...

Love that thing.

Feedback Score

Supply Chain Fiasco's and Guitars.

Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I've got an Ibanez that was actually made in the USA. More or less a Satriani model he had specd out the way he wanted it / them and then built in their USA 'custom shop'. Even the damn pickups are USA made...

With how thin the neck it and how low the action is - It is about effortless to play. Perfect fretwork - as in 'better' than guitars I spent good money paying to have fretwork jobs done on by professionals...

Love that thing.
    I had a JS1000 I still regret selling. It was a 2002 model in black pearl, Japanese-made. I sold it around 2011 when I had a major hand injury where my ring finger no longer bends. My skills went out the window and I figured I couldn’t do the guitar justice anymore. I am glad I kept the 1992 American Tele Deluxe to have something to pick on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Someone needs to make a Joe Biden as Grinch picture and distribute it far and wide.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yep, Prices are astronomical right now, people are at home more and wanting to hold onto their musical gear. I bought an amplifier at the beginning of covid that is now worth double what I paid for it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast