Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: American Oath Initiative

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    And how is this rounding up of dissenters supposed to take place? I don't see an effective round up machine in place or even close to one being in place...unlike the Nazis and Soviets.
    I can only point you towards learning some history. Generally nobody really sees it coming. Sort of, because you can often see all the ingredients are there, but not the spark that sets it off, until it does. Sometimes there is no spark.

Someone randomly assassinated a prince and WWI kicks off. Same region different time, communism collapses and civil war with horrific ethnic cleansing begins.

I can’t tell you when or how. I personally think it’s going to look more like the Spanish Civil War. It involved a rigged election, purge of religion and nationalism from schools and the military, anarchist street riots… but you’re probably right, none of that stuff could happen here.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post
    I can only point you towards learning some history. Generally nobody really sees it coming. Sort of, because you can often see all the ingredients are there, but not the spark that sets it off, until it does. Sometimes there is no spark.

Someone randomly assassinated a prince and WWI kicks off. Same region different time, communism collapses and civil war with horrific ethnic cleansing begins.

I can’t tell you when or how. I personally think it’s going to look more like the Spanish Civil War. It involved a rigged election, purge of religion and nationalism from schools and the military, anarchist street riots… but you’re probably right, none of that stuff could happen here.
    Fair enough. I do try to keep my eyes and ears opened to the bad intensions of the left.

Feedback Score
    Fair enough. I do try to keep my eyes and ears opened to the bad intensions of the left.
    It took a frighteningly short time for a civilized, advanced society to go from rhetoric to mass execution and cremation, and that was less than 80 years ago. That vitriol and hatred exists in the hearts of the left, and they think they're the saviors of humanity and the planet.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    They may not be trying to put us in literal boxcars. But they’re definitely aiming for Australian style tyranny where the whole society is the camp. And only the ones that play along get the odd benefit here and there.

We don’t even need to play dirty. We just need to put some effort into the fight beyond pulling a lever every couple years.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    It took a frighteningly short time for a civilized, advanced society to go from rhetoric to mass execution and cremation, and that was less than 80 years ago. That vitriol and hatred exists in the hearts of the left, and they think they're the saviors of humanity and the planet.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
    Then work at convincing others of the dangers of the left. The people in my church (a small congregation) are acutely aware of the dangers of the left. Those I know outside my church range from pretty aware to "I really don't give a crap, because I'm caught up in my money, toys and leisure". They know Biden is a jerk and incompetent, but evil...nah. And for those times when persuasion and voting don't work, and they're knocking on your door to hall you off for your bad thoughts....then keep your powder dry and go out with a pile of empty .223 cases at your feet. But that last one is a last resort.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Let's see, "putting dead hookers and 8 balls" in the cars of the opposition leftist is JUST not "playing fair", it's wickedness. Cheating isn't just just some harmless past time like playing football, it's wickedness. How far our standards have fallen. To beat the leftists, we must become them. To me, the right is already defeated with that attitude.

"Game of Thrones" is a TV show for pete sake, a make believe world. politics is real
    Look up all the definitions of what a game is and get back to me. You cherry picked one that supports your narrow minded definition of it and ran with it. In other words, you yourself cheated. Not very becoming of you. Go get the definitions and get back to me. Politics is most certainly a game.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    Look up all the definitions of what a game is and get back to me. You cherry picked one that supports your narrow minded definition of it and ran with it. In other words, you yourself cheated. Not very becoming of you. Go get the definitions and get back to me. Politics is most certainly a game.
    I picked the first and most widely used definition.

Here...https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...y/english/game

I didn't cheat or cherry pick, I just don't agree with using that term, which most people using the term for politics seem to imply a "not serious" view of this most serious activity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I picked the first and most widely used definition.

Here...https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...y/english/game

I didn't cheat or cherry pick, I just don't agree with using that term, which most people using the term for politics seem to imply a "not serious" view of this most serious activity.
    That's part of the problem though. Games can be serious and have serious consequences.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/game

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenaline_6 View Post
    That's part of the problem though. Games can be serious and have serious consequences.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/game
    OK you got me 3 a&b it is. I don't use the term for politics, but others may. Good thing we have that settle now.

Feedback Score
    With a definition like that, everything can be a game. This forum is a game. War is a game. Sex is a game. Breathing is a game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast