Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thinking about moving to Arizona

Feedback Score

Thinking about moving to Arizona

Hey guys.
    Me and my family has lived in a Commie state for a long time and I think we finally had enough. We keep thinking about moving to Arizona, since our last vacation there in August. We are thinking about Tucson area. I'm looking for recommendations. I'm interested in moving to a neighborhood with descent schools since my son is ten and been doing great in school and newish built houses. We are also open to buying some land and building there as long as it will not financially overload us. I know prices have gone crazy lately. Just looking for some input from those who know the area. Any advice is welcome. Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think most of the forum members live up here in the Phoenix area.

Im not sure but I think buying land anywhere near Tucson is going to be pretty expensive. Rule of thumb in Az is land near the big cities or up in the forests is going to be pricey. Though there are some places up north and east of Payson where land is pretty affordable, but you arent near any big cities.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    We've vacationed in Tucson twice in the past 3 years (June most recently) and during the weeks we were there we also thought about moving there. What hooked us was the people, the topography/scenery, the food, and new places to go within 3-5 hours by car or motorcycle. Good luck on your research, let us know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    Thank you guys for your responses. We are not yet set on any exact location at this time other than Tucson area. Also buying land is one of the options not a requirement. I'm just looking for areas with lower crime rate and hopefully better schools that are more dedicated to teaching students and less into indoctrination (if there's even such a thing anymore). Just trying to get a general idea what is what around there. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    You think you can handle the heat? Because that alone would keep me out of Arizona. I'd move to Texas which doesn't have it nearly as bad for the heat, but the high humidity sucks there.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 10-18-21 at 08:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    You think you can handle the heat? Because that alone would keep me out of Arizona. I'd move to Texas which doesn't have it nearly as bad for the heat, but the high humidity sucks there.
    Ill take 115 degrees with 15 percent humidity over 95 degrees with 80 percent humidity any day.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrins1 View Post
    Thank you guys for your responses. We are not yet set on any exact location at this time other than Tucson area. Also buying land is one of the options not a requirement. I'm just looking for areas with lower crime rate and hopefully better schools that are more dedicated to teaching students and less into indoctrination (if there's even such a thing anymore). Just trying to get a general idea what is what around there. Thanks.
    I know Tucson has some rough areas but I do believe they are in the lower income areas. Im assuming with land being an option, you arent looking at those spots.

I have a couple friends down there. Ill message them and ask them about the areas to look in.
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Ill take 115 degrees with 15 percent humidity over 95 degrees with 80 percent humidity any day.
    Either way you're trapped inside and can't really do anything outside in the Summer. I'm picking the place where I won't get 3rd degree burns on my hands from touching the door knobs from inside the house. And the Winters are usually nice in Texas anyways since humidity isn't really noticeable when it's 50/60 degrees outside.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your replies guys. To answer some of your questions we are looking for some nicer areas. Heat will not bea problem as we spent 2 weeks there in a Summer with temperatures being 102 -104 and a couple of days 110 to 112 and being outside most of the time. Other than drinking an ungodly amounts of water we did not find it extremely uncomfortable. I just felt in love with Saguaro park area. Plus it looks like I can find a job doing the same thing I do now easier in Tucson then around anywhere else in AZ.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrins1 View Post
    Heat will not bea problem as we spent 2 weeks there in a Summer with temperatures being 102 -104 and a couple of days 110 to 112 and being outside most of the time. Other than drinking an ungodly amounts of water we did not find it extremely uncomfortable.
    Wow, I got to experience a lot of hot days up here in Washington this year with a lot of them working outside in the high 90s, which made anything in the 80s seem (somehow) pleasant. But the one day that reached 111 degrees was completely unmanageable... I couldn't even open my eyes all the way.

Some people are built different.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast