Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Thinking about moving to Arizona

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I moved from Dallas to AZ in the middle of the summer, the weather was much worse in TX. Bugs and humidity are insane. And I like TX but weather wise you get ice storms, tornadoes ...TX does not get a bad rap for weather, but it should. YMMV

PB
    West Texas is more like Arizona where central and east Texas is more like the south.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I moved from Dallas to AZ in the middle of the summer, the weather was much worse in TX. Bugs and humidity are insane. And I like TX but weather wise you get ice storms, tornadoes ...TX does not get a bad rap for weather, but it should. YMMV

PB
    Double tap
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    34 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrins1 View Post
    Thanks guys. To donlapalma :I'm looking for safe and good neighborhoods, good schools, my new house has some pivacy, preferably around 100ft or more away from my closest neighbor. Thanks.
    Sorry for the delayed response. My first thought would be East Valley (i.e., Apache Junction, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Queen Creek, and Tempe). The further out you get from central Phoenix, the better chance you will have at owning a lot that will more spaced out from your neighbors. There are some old "horse properties" that can be found more in the city-center, but those come with a hefty price tag as you can imagine. Send me a PM if you want to get even more detailed than that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by donlapalma View Post
    Sorry for the delayed response. My first thought would be East Valley (i.e., Apache Junction, Chandler, Gilbert, Mesa, Queen Creek, and Tempe). The further out you get from central Phoenix, the better chance you will have at owning a lot that will more spaced out from your neighbors. There are some old "horse properties" that can be found more in the city-center, but those come with a hefty price tag as you can imagine. Send me a PM if you want to get even more detailed than that.
    This is good advice... We live in Gilbert. It's pricey but way nicer than Sahuarita which is where we used to live (my opinion). Warning, they are building a ton of huge apartment complexes here that look like prisons. California is coming.
    The Sonoita area gets my vote as the best place to live, if you can afford it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Good luck with your planned move. The best thing I ever did was move out of WA to WY. Love it here more than I can say.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Do it.

I have lived all over the United States while active duty for 20 years and I lived in both blue and red states and for me and my experiences, Alaska and Arizona along with Utah are the best states in the Union. No other states come close.
    Ar15.com is for teens & liberals
    Calguns.net is for old men & liberals
    👍😂

Feedback Score
    Thank you guys for all of your advice. Unfortunately our plans to move have been postponed due to unforseen circumstances. We are still planning to go ahead with a move later this year.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    OP here are some pics Ive taken of the northern/eastern parts of Az.

Flagstaff in the summer. Trip we took to see the Lowell Observatory.

20180725_103637 by chase, on Flickr

20180725_103526 by chase, on Flickr

Pics of Flagstaff last winter. First is when we got there and the others are the next morning.

20190320_150743 by chase, on Flickr

20190321_063217 by chase, on Flickr

20190321_071017 by chase, on Flickr

Here are some pics from a camping trip in the north/east near Payson.

20190614_191046 by chase, on Flickr

20190831_123018 by chase, on Flickr

20190615_192327 by chase, on Flickr

20190901_111537 by chase, on Flickr
    I love northern Arizona. I spent many weekends as a kid camping in those pine forests.

Feedback Score
    Hi. Long term resident of AZ here.
    Up North or South is where you can find decent chunks of land at good prices.
    I don't sell land or have any connection to anything listed, BTW.

https://www.landflip.com/land-for-sale/arizona/2-p/lp-s

https://www.landwatch.com/arizona-la...price-low-high
    Last edited by Buick Guy; 11-20-22 at 17:59. Reason: Clarification

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234