Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caliber talk via Federal

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Caliber talk via Federal

Good vid from the gents at Federal, who may know a thing or two about developing duty/SD ammo. Again, confirms that caliber in typical duty loads are all about equal in terms of terminal ballistics, so carry and shoot what meets recs for such things based on known criteria, gets hits on target, etc. Hence, 9mm is best all around choice:

- Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had the opportunity to meet and spend a few hours with Johann Boden several years ago during contract ammunition testing. He is a very knowledgeable person with a vast amount of experience. I have a great deal of respect for his opinion.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I had the opportunity to meet and spend a few hours with Johann Boden several years ago during contract ammunition testing. He is a very knowledgeable person with a vast amount of experience. I have a great deal of respect for his opinion.
    Some people wanna go to Disney, I wanna spend a day at the Federal plant talking with a guys like him.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Mr Boden is wonderful. I met him at a ballistics demonstration and was impressed with his knowledge. I called him up a few years later with a question and he spent quite a bit of time sharing knowledge to help me make a good choice of duty ammo for my department.

Feedback Score
    As much fun as talking to the Federal lads would be.

I would much rather get a group of Phd's in physics, fluid dynamics, and some ME's from Chicago and Baltimore and ex military docs that served years in the GWOT.
    This group would have no dog in the fight and I would think no preconceived positions on bullet design. I would also like to have a ton of cash to throw at the project and then a social media campaign when you go to market.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post

I would much rather get a group of Phd's in physics, fluid dynamics, and some ME's from Chicago and Baltimore and ex military docs that served years in the GWOT.
    This group would have no dog in the fight and I would think no preconceived positions on bullet design. I would also like to have a ton of cash to throw at the project and then a social media campaign when you go to market.
    They can all be found at DARPA.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    They can all be found at DARPA.
    I am not even close to being able to fund such a project, thank you chicom bio weapon.

But I am not crying because, I am still alive.

But if and when money really starts flowing again, I have 2 dreams build a new P7 clone and invent the best bullet design in the world.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

They would certainly bring a different perspective to the conversation, but in my experience a ME or scientist cannot tell us what happened within the first few seconds after an attacker was shot. When I had a chance to speak with ammunition vendors, we chatted about shooting incidents involving service pistols and how quickly the attacker stopped his assault after being shot 1, 2 or several times.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-17-21 at 10:21.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    I just think in the advanced technology that exists in the world today, that guns and ammo have not kept pace.

I think guns as we know them have a shelf life that is going to run out in the next couple of decades.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I just think in the advanced technology that exists in the world today, that guns and ammo have not kept pace.

I think guns as we know them have a shelf life that is going to run out in the next couple of decades.
    I think the opposite. People will be killing each other on Mars with Glock gen 24's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast