Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Caliber talk via Federal

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,526
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

    Caliber talk via Federal

    Good vid from the gents at Federal, who may know a thing or two about developing duty/SD ammo. Again, confirms that caliber in typical duty loads are all about equal in terms of terminal ballistics, so carry and shoot what meets recs for such things based on known criteria, gets hits on target, etc. Hence, 9mm is best all around choice:

    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    5,523
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I had the opportunity to meet and spend a few hours with Johann Boden several years ago during contract ammunition testing. He is a very knowledgeable person with a vast amount of experience. I have a great deal of respect for his opinion.
    Train 2 Win

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,526
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I had the opportunity to meet and spend a few hours with Johann Boden several years ago during contract ammunition testing. He is a very knowledgeable person with a vast amount of experience. I have a great deal of respect for his opinion.
    Some people wanna go to Disney, I wanna spend a day at the Federal plant talking with a guys like him.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    151
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I had the opportunity to meet and spend a few hours with Johann Boden several years ago during contract ammunition testing. He is a very knowledgeable person with a vast amount of experience. I have a great deal of respect for his opinion.
    Mr Boden is wonderful. I met him at a ballistics demonstration and was impressed with his knowledge. I called him up a few years later with a question and he spent quite a bit of time sharing knowledge to help me make a good choice of duty ammo for my department.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,570
    Feedback Score
    0
    As much fun as talking to the Federal lads would be.

    I would much rather get a group of Phd's in physics, fluid dynamics, and some ME's from Chicago and Baltimore and ex military docs that served years in the GWOT.
    This group would have no dog in the fight and I would think no preconceived positions on bullet design. I would also like to have a ton of cash to throw at the project and then a social media campaign when you go to market.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    17,526
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    As much fun as talking to the Federal lads would be.

    I would much rather get a group of Phd's in physics, fluid dynamics, and some ME's from Chicago and Baltimore and ex military docs that served years in the GWOT.
    This group would have no dog in the fight and I would think no preconceived positions on bullet design. I would also like to have a ton of cash to throw at the project and then a social media campaign when you go to market.
    They can all be found at DARPA.
    - Will

    General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

    www.BrinkZone.com


    “Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,570
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    They can all be found at DARPA.
    I am not even close to being able to fund such a project, thank you chicom bio weapon.

    But I am not crying because, I am still alive.

    But if and when money really starts flowing again, I have 2 dreams build a new P7 clone and invent the best bullet design in the world.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    CONUS
    Posts
    5,523
    Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    As much fun as talking to the Federal lads would be.

    I would much rather get a group of Phd's in physics, fluid dynamics, and some ME's from Chicago and Baltimore and ex military docs that served years in the GWOT.
    This group would have no dog in the fight and I would think no preconceived positions on bullet design. I would also like to have a ton of cash to throw at the project and then a social media campaign when you go to market.
    They would certainly bring a different perspective to the conversation, but in my experience a ME or scientist cannot tell us what happened within the first few seconds after an attacker was shot. When I had a chance to speak with ammunition vendors, we chatted about shooting incidents involving service pistols and how quickly the attacker stopped his assault after being shot 1, 2 or several times.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-17-21 at 11:21.
    Train 2 Win

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,570
    Feedback Score
    0
    I just think in the advanced technology that exists in the world today, that guns and ammo have not kept pace.

    I think guns as we know them have a shelf life that is going to run out in the next couple of decades.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,307
    Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    I just think in the advanced technology that exists in the world today, that guns and ammo have not kept pace.

    I think guns as we know them have a shelf life that is going to run out in the next couple of decades.
    I think the opposite. People will be killing each other on Mars with Glock gen 24's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •