Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Show Questions

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Gun Show Questions

I have been to a ton of gun shows, bought plenty, never sold a single thing.

We have a gun show this weekend that I would like to sell an AR at. I always see plenty of (non-vendor) people carry guns into the show to either sell or trade. Is it kosher to do that with, say, one rifle? I am referring to social norms, not legality.

I completely understand the vendors have to rent tables, cover expenses, etc and I really don't plan to push it. One PSA carbine is all I am trying to move.

Assuming selling a single gun is not a problem, do I just walk around with a slung rifle until someone asks if I want to sell or trade? Maybe hang a cardboard sign on it with a price?

Thanks

Andy

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have done it several times with ARs and shotguns, one at a time. Walk around with gun on sling on my back with a card board sign with the sale price. Price it right and you'll have cash in your pocket before you get past the front door.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You are fine...no need for a sign as those interested will be asking. I suggest giving a thanks for the interest & no haggling firm price.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I did that with a couple of pistols. Threw them cased in a backpack and clip a sign saying what they are and how $. I got stopped 10 times in the first row and sold it by the second row.

I have seen guys stick a rod down a sling long gun with a sign attached to it.

I’d bring a bill of sale form prefilled with your information, clipboard, and a pen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not a bad idea to ask slightly more than what you are willing to take for it. If you walked in with a sign on it saying "free", someone would ask you for $50 to take it off your hands and a piggy back ride to their vehicle.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Not a bad idea to ask slightly more than what you are willing to take for it. If you walked in with a sign on it saying "free", someone would ask you for $50 to take it off your hands and a piggy back ride to their vehicle.
    Ain’t that the truth!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I have been to a ton of gun shows, bought plenty, never sold a single thing.

We have a gun show this weekend that I would like to sell an AR at. I always see plenty of (non-vendor) people carry guns into the show to either sell or trade. Is it kosher to do that with, say, one rifle? I am referring to social norms, not legality.

I completely understand the vendors have to rent tables, cover expenses, etc and I really don't plan to push it. One PSA carbine is all I am trying to move.

Assuming selling a single gun is not a problem, do I just walk around with a slung rifle until someone asks if I want to sell or trade? Maybe hang a cardboard sign on it with a price?

Thanks

Andy
    Perfectly ok to do. Vendors choose their way of selling and you have chosen yours'.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Great replies. I know my questions seemed a bit "dumb" but it is new to me.

A sincere thanks, Y'all

Andy

Feedback Score
    Depending on the gun show promoter, some won't allow private transactions on the premises. You have to go outside to the parking lot or to the Wal-Mart across the street.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Indeed, it's very much up to whatever entity is putting on the show. Most are cool with it.

I've done that with a Browning A-5, slung on my shoulder, didn't even need a sign, plenty of folks asked, sold quick.

I've seen folks make a little flag-type sign and stick it in the barrel while they walk around.

I always appreciated that, so I didnt have to bug them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast