Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: IF you had to take the vaccine, which one should you take?

Feedback Score

IF you had to take the vaccine, which one should you take?

Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    And according to most med folks I know (real ones, not politicos), the least effective.

Moderna, then Pfizer then J&J if that's all they offer.

Personal experience with Moderna. First shot my arm hurt a little next day and was sorta tired, second shot the next day I felt like I had been dropped out of a plane and then run over by a truck so I didn't notice the pain in my arm. But once I took an Advil and grabbed some lunch I was about 90% within 6 hours. Still a little tired that night but next day I was good to go.
    Most can only parrot publications in journals, but it seem OP is less concerned with effectiveness and more concerned with checking a box.

Clinical experience: I’ve personally seen more people have adverse reactions to Moderna than any other. I’ve also seen more patients with symptomatic COVID that had Moderna vaccines than the others. Point of reference: about 50% of the vaccinated people here got the Moderna. One nurse at our facility went full anaphylaxis and required Benadryl and multiple doses of epi. My supervisor is now on chemo secondary to autoimmune response following his second dose.

Personal experience with Moderna: my wife took that one. When we got COVID she was sick in bed for seven days and couldn’t find the energy to get up to eat or drink until around day eight. She had symptoms of COVID for approximately 21 days. The first time she had COVID 18 months prior, she was over it in about seven days and never got so bad. Second infection was presumed, not confirmed, DELTA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mRad; 10-16-21 at 15:39.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    If I could, it would be Novavax

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just got sick as fck, going to get tested today, my wife just went and got tested. We will get results tomorrow. Been sick two days but feeling slightly better. Bronchitis type cough, sore throat, clammy but no fever, we will see. Never got vax'd, don't plan to with my recent heart attack.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I wouldn't travel.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swstock View Post
    If I could, it would be Novavax
    Yeah, but you can't. It's delayed indefinitely - maybe forever - for no clear reason. Its delay is one of several reasons I believe the existing vaccines are intended to cause harm.

OP: none of them if at all possible. A month ago I would have said J&J, and it might be the least bad among the three US options at the moment, but none of them are really safe or effective.

FWIW, J&J (and Astrazeneca) seem to be more dangerous to women, while the mRNA shots seem to be more dangerous to young and/or highly fit men.

I don't have mRad's in-person experience, but all I've read, seen, and heard suggests Moderna is by far the worst for side effects.

Feedback Score
    I got the Pfizer vaccine. The 1st shot was fine with just sore injection site. The second shot felt like crap for two days and ran a low grade fever.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    And according to most med folks I know (real ones, not politicos), the least effective.

Moderna, then Pfizer then J&J if that's all they offer.

Personal experience with Moderna. First shot my arm hurt a little next day and was sorta tired, second shot the next day I felt like I had been dropped out of a plane and then run over by a truck so I didn't notice the pain in my arm. But once I took an Advil and grabbed some lunch I was about 90% within 6 hours. Still a little tired that night but next day I was good to go.
    I also got Moderna, as did my wife, friend, and 4-5 of my direct reports. The first shot drained me of energy that day, my friend (who previously had Covid) said it felt like Covid all over again for 2 days, two of my direct reports got sick, the rest were fine.

Second shot was no biggie, sore arms at the most.

My friend and a direct report both got Covid after (Moderna) vax, neither was particularly sick. Another vaxxed direct report got Covid, not sure which vaccine, again not serious.

I've the luck of the Irish and either have avoided Covid so far or was asymptomatic.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Just because you are traveling international does not mean you must get jabbed.

It varies from country to country.

If I were faced with having to present a vaccine card, I would produce it. Doesn't mean I got jabbed. Test my blood it is full of antibodies.

Feedback Score
    Wife and I both got the Pfizer, 2 shots plus the booster. No reactions to first 2. Slight fever on booster but gone in 24 hours. I believe the Pfizer is the most effective. I am a vaccine advocate.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAlsatian View Post
    I am a vaccine advocate.
    I believe in vaccination, but not in a mandate.

Andy

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast