Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: IF you had to take the vaccine, which one should you take?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    True, I was hoping for some input from a SME.
    As of now the answers are all over the board.
    Our institution gives the Pfizer, and we've seen the fewest issues with it with the employees. In fact, our institution really hasn't seen anyone admitted for conditions related to the vaccine, any vaccine, itself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would take the Moderna, then Pfizer, then J&J in that order of preference. I recall an article from LA Times stating that the 120-day efficacy of Moderna was 96%, whereas the Pfizer dipped to 70something percent after 120 days. J&J is in the 70s at best.

I did get the Moderna this past February/March. My arm was sore with both doses, and about 15h after the second dose I had fever, chills, headache, and body aches. I took 400mg ibuprofren and a multivitamin and felt fine the next morning. The mild side effects were an expected immune response to the spike protein contained in the mRNA vaccine. In short, those mild side effects were a good thing, and indicated that my body was mounting a defense against the spike region of SARS CoV-2.

Serious side effects to either Pfizer or Moderna are rare and typically occur in the first 30 minutes. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have some preexisting immunological condition.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I just got sick as fck, going to get tested today, my wife just went and got tested. We will get results tomorrow. Been sick two days but feeling slightly better. Bronchitis type cough, sore throat, clammy but no fever, we will see. Never got vax'd, don't plan to with my recent heart attack.

PB
    Well folks I contracted the COVID, felt like a truck hit me for 3 days. But let me share this if it has not already been covered in this thread (thread is growing faster than Im reading). If you get covid, get the Monoclonal Antibody therapy. You will feel better in hours and overnight your recovery will be amazing. I got it yesterday, and feel so much better today. Still weak but not immobilized weak. Hope this helps somebody if they get it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Well folks I contracted the COVID, felt like a truck hit me for 3 days. But let me share this if it has not already been covered in this thread (thread is growing faster than Im reading). If you get covid, get the Monoclonal Antibody therapy. You will feel better in hours and overnight your recovery will be amazing. I got it yesterday, and feel so much better today. Still weak but not immobilized weak. Hope this helps somebody if they get it.

PB
    Get plenty of rest. It goes in cycles.

Just when you think you have it locked and it hits you again.

I went through 5 of these cycles.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MWAG19919 View Post
    I would take the Moderna, then Pfizer, then J&J in that order of preference. I recall an article from LA Times stating that the 120-day efficacy of Moderna was 96%, whereas the Pfizer dipped to 70something percent after 120 days. J&J is in the 70s at best.

I did get the Moderna this past February/March. My arm was sore with both doses, and about 15h after the second dose I had fever, chills, headache, and body aches. I took 400mg ibuprofren and a multivitamin and felt fine the next morning. The mild side effects were an expected immune response to the spike protein contained in the mRNA vaccine. In short, those mild side effects were a good thing, and indicated that my body was mounting a defense against the spike region of SARS CoV-2.

Serious side effects to either Pfizer or Moderna are rare and typically occur in the first 30 minutes. I wouldn't worry about it unless you have some preexisting immunological condition.
    I got 2nd Moderna on a Thursday pm in March. Took Friday as a sick day thinking I would feel bad over the weekend. I felt really bad Thursday night but slept well and felt fine Friday. I am over 70 and have pre-existing conditions. Will get the booster as soon as I can. A friend in his 50s got the shots and felt bad for days. So it seems to be hard to prdict how you will react.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    You’re gonna have to roll the dice, friend.

All of them have known side effects and will have more come up as this giant test trial continues.

You’ll be part of the test trial once you take one.

Good luck.

Better him than me.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I was on the fence between Moderna and Pfizer, and I got the first shot of Pfizer today (work mandated) not too excited about it but here we go. So far just a weird tingling in my right arm but could be my mind playing tricks.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Could you use a snake bite kit to suck any of the vaccine out?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    My wife and I both got Moderna. Both of us had sore arms. Our 12 year old got Pfizer and she got a sore arm. That’s it. We have been fortunate so far that despite both being trial lawyers with our kid in school all last year and this year we have been spared so far. I am hoping to get a booster soon because I deal with prisoners a lot and Delta killed a lot of cops here in middle GA. I will say we have been pretty careful (masks, hand washing, etc).

A friend of mine got Modena and he got pretty sick on both shots. So far he has dodged the boomer doomer also. So it appears to be a crap shoot.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Could you use a snake bite kit to suck any of the vaccine out?
    Snake bite kits won’t suck venom out, much less an IM injection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast