Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: IF you had to take the vaccine, which one should you take?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    My wife and I both got Moderna. Both of us had sore arms. Our 12 year old got Pfizer and she got a sore arm. That’s it. We have been fortunate so far that despite both being trial lawyers with our kid in school all last year and this year we have been spared so far. I am hoping to get a booster soon because I deal with prisoners a lot and Delta killed a lot of cops here in middle GA. I will say we have been pretty careful (masks, hand washing, etc).

A friend of mine got Modena and he got pretty sick on both shots. So far he has dodged the boomer doomer also. So it appears to be a crap shoot.
    Be careful out there.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Likely to be much more reporting of side effects with those forced to take it versus the more or less voluntary recipients for various reasons.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got the J&J vaccine back in March. It was voluntary; my wife works at a lab that tests Covid, so there was probably some pressure on her to get it, but I told her I would support whatever she wanted to do. My dad is type 1 diabetic, and he is my only real concern in terms of who I could give it to. I'd already had Covid, but at the time we didn't have as much confirmation on the strength of natural immunity.

At any rate, I wasn't overly concerned about blood clots as I am a healthy mid 30s male. The J&J seemed to me that it presents the more traditional vaccine vector and simplicity in its single dose. After the jab, I felt run down the next day, but no symptoms and fine after that.

I don't regret getting the shot (yet?), but I'm greatly distressed by both the mandates, and the seeming unwillingness to even discuss reasonable skepticism.

I pray we are prepared for the trouble we seem to be heading for.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nick84 View Post
    I got the J&J vaccine back in March. It was voluntary; my wife works at a lab that tests Covid, so there was probably some pressure on her to get it, but I told her I would support whatever she wanted to do. My dad is type 1 diabetic, and he is my only real concern in terms of who I could give it to. I'd already had Covid, but at the time we didn't have as much confirmation on the strength of natural immunity.

At any rate, I wasn't overly concerned about blood clots as I am a healthy mid 30s male. The J&J seemed to me that it presents the more traditional vaccine vector and simplicity in its single dose. After the jab, I felt run down the next day, but no symptoms and fine after that.

I don't regret getting the shot (yet?), but I'm greatly distressed by both the mandates, and the seeming unwillingness to even discuss reasonable skepticism.

I pray we are prepared for the trouble we seem to be heading for.
    Unfortunately, getting a vaccine won’t reduce your chance of transmitting it to him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Get plenty of rest. It goes in cycles.

Just when you think you have it locked and it hits you again.

I went through 5 of these cycles.
    That was the weird thing with me, too, thought I was getting better than I went down again, a couple times.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That was the weird thing with me, too, thought I was getting better than I went down again, a couple times.
    First time, it was like that for 3-4 days. It was the opposite for us second time around. My vaccinated wife got sick day one and never improved until it was over. She laid in bed at least five days. Me, I was fine. I did yard work, honey-dos, etc. I was bored…until I came down with pneumonia eight days in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Likely to be much more reporting of side effects with those forced to take it versus the more or less voluntary recipients for various reasons.
    Absolutely this. I can attest first hand to the weird psychology going on with this vaccine regret syndrome.

Case in point.

Guy I know got the vaccine pretty early on. He had had covid like three months prior to the vaccine, and he said the vaccine was way worse than actually having the covid. What's more, he said despite having recovered fully from covid and returning to normal exercise, he hasn't been able to exercise after getting the vaccine.

His theory is that he got the vaccine too early after having covid and that's why he's experiencing that side effect. But I've heard from so many other people who were healthy and active prior to getting the jab, who now even months later still can't climb a flight of stairs without getting winded.

But the vast majority of people experiencing these as of yet non emergency symptoms won't admit they have them, and if they do, they downplay the severity and treat it like it's no big deal.

I don't what the terminology is, but the psychology is pretty airtight. For example, people who get cheated often don't report the fraud because it's too embarrassing for them to admit they got taken. Exact same phenomenon going on here with these folks. They simply cannot handle admitting that they're the victims of an irresponsible experiment gone terribly wrong.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Get plenty of rest. It goes in cycles.

Just when you think you have it locked and it hits you again.

I went through 5 of these cycles.
    Oh man, I still can't stop telling people about the cycles. I was feeling deathly ill, like wondering if I could stand, then a few hours later feeling almost completely normal, only to be on my back again a few hours after that.

Friends of ours got it at that same time, and they reported the same thing. Their kids got it, and they said the kids couldn't get out of bed, then like two hours later they were bouncing around, then like two hours after that back to bed.

That cycle happened to me two or three times. Then when I was pretty much over the thing, that's when the cough kicked in, and that was like a week or two after starting to feel bad. Weirded feeling cough I had ever had. And not once did my nose run or get stuffed up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Absolutely this. I can attest first hand to the weird psychology going on with this vaccine regret syndrome.

Case in point.

Guy I know got the vaccine pretty early on. He had had covid like three months prior to the vaccine, and he said the vaccine was way worse than actually having the covid. What's more, he said despite having recovered fully from covid and returning to normal exercise, he hasn't been able to exercise after getting the vaccine.

His theory is that he got the vaccine too early after having covid and that's why he's experiencing that side effect. But I've heard from so many other people who were healthy and active prior to getting the jab, who now even months later still can't climb a flight of stairs without getting winded.

But the vast majority of people experiencing these as of yet non emergency symptoms won't admit they have them, and if they do, they downplay the severity and treat it like it's no big deal.

I don't what the terminology is, but the psychology is pretty airtight. For example, people who get cheated often don't report the fraud because it's too embarrassing for them to admit they got taken. Exact same phenomenon going on here with these folks. They simply cannot handle admitting that they're the victims of an irresponsible experiment gone terribly wrong.
    Not sure what it is called either, but I was thinking of things like driveway repair scams too.

Likely some who fear no one will believe them anyway, others who don't want to seem rebellious or unpatriotic, and other emotional reasons.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I think it probably goes both ways. People who are afraid of the shot are more likely to freak out at every itch, especially if they have been compelled to take the shot against their better judgement--- and people who are ultra-pro vax are likely to ignore or minimize their issues so they don't have to admit they might be wrong. And of course some folks are just crazy.

Like I said, everyone in my immediate family had a good result--but several of my friends did not. But honestly, we always get our shots for everything. When I went to Africa a few years ago they gave me a bunch of shots they said might make me ill and they didn't. I wonder if after a while your body just gets used to them?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast