Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 13.7 upper

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLegalAce777 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the only real reason is so you can pin and weld most suppressor mounts and hit the bare minimum for a 16.1" oal to avoid the NFA and have the shortest gun without a stamp. 13.7 and 13.9 with dead air and surefire mounts come in at 16.1 but sometimes you have to shim it depending on the mount. Not to mention they look badass.
    That is it but not just suppressor mounts, many excellent MDs are will get you to 16.1" with 13.7", SOLGW has non-mount version of the NOX as does Surefire. Also, with it has a forgivable dwell time and it is the shortest barrel to work well supressed or unsupressed with mid-length gas system, sort of the 11.5 of the carbine world.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 10-16-21 at 21:42.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    That is it but not just suppressor mounts, many excellent MDs are will get you to 16.1" with 13.7", SOLGW has non-mount version of the NOX as does Surefire. Also, with it has a forgivable dwell time and it is the shortest barrel to work well supressed or unsupressed with mid-length gas system, sort of the 11.5 of the carbine world.
    i can in fact recall being slightly annoyed that all of the muzzle devices i wanted to use with a 14.5 barrel took it out past 16"... but i mean we're talking pretty goddamn mild annoyance. im surprised there's an apparently fairly strong market for that, but i guess when you take it a bit further - why not go 13.7 when 13.7 is available and meets the minimum?

weird industry... this platform has been developed to the point of marginal innovation, marketed to a bon vivant consumer base that's so tuned as to recognize, appreciate, and be willing to invest in new products of said marginal improvement

no judgment - im as much as fan of the AR as anyone. but it truly is an intemperate sub industry, despite, i suspect, most of us generally thinking otherwise. but how many people are interested in or even have the means to drop $1200, $2500, $5000+ on a some-assembly-required rifle and optic package? pretty few.
    why so serious?

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    @dan1612

Hey boss want to talk to you but I can’t message you because your inbox is full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by korosenai View Post
    @dan1612

Hey boss want to talk to you but I can’t message you because your inbox is full

I’ll look into it. Thanks for the heads up.

Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)
    No problem boss I had to open the link in my phone web browser then go to mailbox and do it that way can’t do it on the app

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12