Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13.7 upper

Feedback Score

13.7 upper

I'm gonna build my own 13.7 upper so I went ahead and picked up a noveske 13.7 chf barrel to build it around. Its the infidel I believe. On the actual infidel rifle noveske uses their flaming pig that adds back pressure. Question is will using something like the solgw nox to get it to the legal 16.1" oal change the reliability of that barrel? I have a blem bcm stripped upper and noveske bcg so all quality parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLegalAce777 View Post
    I'm gonna build my own 13.7 upper so I went ahead and picked up a noveske 13.7 chf barrel to build it around. Its the infidel I believe. On the actual infidel rifle noveske uses their flaming pig that adds back pressure. Question is will using something like the solgw nox to get it to the legal 16.1" oal change the reliability of that barrel? I have a blem bcm stripped upper and noveske bcg so all quality parts.
    I was LITERALLY watching this video as I saw your post show up in my notifications. Check it out Garand Thumb talks about it here.

https://youtu.be/GZxC07B2jYY

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Yeah, I'm itching for a 13.7" myself for a dedicated NV gun.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    As overgassed as noveske makes their barrels, you shouldn’t have an issue. Will you be running suppressed?
    Love my 13.7 (well not technically mine but whatever).

Feedback Score
    Yeah I'll be running my sandman s with it. Assuming I ever get it out of NFA jail. Been waiting for over 11 months. I've always wanted a 13.7 build with the geissele mk8 but of course they went to 13.5 on all handguards before I got around to it. I found one on gun broker that says its 13" and should get it in a few days so fingers crossed its not the 13.5.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah I'll be running my sandman s with it. Assuming I ever get it out of NFA jail. Been waiting for over 11 months. I've always wanted a 13.7 build with the geissele mk8 but of course they went to 13.5 on all handguards before I got around to it. I found one on gun broker that says its 13" and should get it in a few days so fingers crossed its not the 13.5.
    It should be fine.
    You could always go M76 wedge lock if you run out of luck.

Feedback Score
    That was my first choice but I cant ever seem to find the m76 in stock not to mention I would have to have someone drill out my upper for the anti rotation pin. If this rail isnt 13" I will have to sell it and wait for an m76 to pop up. Im sure I can find a shop that could drill my upper.

Feedback Score
    hopefully this isnt a faux pas thread drift, but what is the original purpose of the 13.7? where'd that barrel length come from?
    why so serious?

Feedback Score
    If I'm not mistaken the only real reason is so you can pin and weld most suppressor mounts and hit the bare minimum for a 16.1" oal to avoid the NFA and have the shortest gun without a stamp. 13.7 and 13.9 with dead air and surefire mounts come in at 16.1 but sometimes you have to shim it depending on the mount. Not to mention they look badass.

Feedback Score
    If I'm not mistaken the only real reason is so you can pin and weld most suppressor mounts and hit the bare minimum for a 16.1" oal to avoid the NFA and have the shortest gun without a stamp. 13.7 and 13.9 with dead air and surefire mounts come in at 16.1 but sometimes you have to shim it depending on the mount. Not to mention they look badass.
    thats a disappointingly uninteresting origin
    why so serious?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast