Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Colt's response to my complaint about Brownell's 14.5 and 11.5 barrels...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Hope he shares pictures as well...

The mods might not lock and kill this thread if guys are posting pictures of actual examples they have bought and explaining why they think it may be messed up?

All pictures above are Colt. The bottom picture is a 6920. Not nearly as bad on that 6920 as some pictures I have seen shared online...
    Top and bottom pic seem to at least be symmetrical. I could probably live with those.

I do have a question though. Why doesn't Colt just buy the barrel extensions machined to the correct dimensions, instead of having to finish them by hand, like other manufacturers? I can't imagine it's more efficient, cost effective, or consistent. Puzzling.
    Last edited by georgeib; 10-16-21 at 21:31.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Top and bottom pic seem to at least be symmetrical. I could probably live with those.

I do have a question though. Why doesn't Colt just buy the barrel extensions machined to the correct dimensions, instead of having to finish them by hand, like other manufacturers? I can't imagine it's more efficient, cost effective, or consistent. Puzzling.
    I like the top and middle personally because they were messed with less...

Hard to see from my craptastic pictures but that top one was not molested at all. Colt Competition assembled those and guessing they did not have a guy with a dremel?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I like my Colt Dremeled barrels.

I have an old C stamped upper on my main blaster that is on it’s second Dremeled barrel in 13 years and the second barrel is running perfectly just like the first.

OP wants a pretty barrel, he should buy one.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot View Post
    Back up this claim of "similar type marks". Post pics.
    Here ya go. You dont have to be such a douchebag.

20211016_202935 by chase, on Flickr
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I appreciate, respect, and fully support their initial reply. Their assorted parts have been that way from day one. Emphasis where it counts; reliability. Too bad they must waste their time responding to whiners. You want it perdy; apply some lipstick to it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You cannot force Colt to make changes to their production process and what they consider an acceptable product.

I would shop for a barrel from another vendor if cosmetic issues concern you.
    Last edited by T2C; 10-17-21 at 07:56.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    Here ya go.
    That does not look overboard to me. Have seen much worse posted in the Colt industry section at TOS.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Coot View Post

The difference between what "everyone" and Colt told me is Colt told me the barrels were rejects.
    At no point in any email you posted did Colt ever tell you these barrels were rejects. Thats your false opinion your posting as fact, Colt never said rejects, you did.

• Op got great barrels from Colt, with secondary feed ramps hand finished by a Colt craftsman.
    • OP "in a fit of rage" sent great barrels back to Brownells.
    • Op decides to "cast his pearls before the swine".
    • Op doesn't like the Swine's replies.
    • Op "retorts" with immature childish insults.
    • Op use to have some great Colt Barrels, now Op doesn't.
    • Op now mad he sent barrels back, has serious case of "return shipping remorse".
    • Op now praying a mod bails him out by locking thread lol!

Roll D@mn Tide!
    Last edited by the AR-15 Junkie; 10-17-21 at 10:43.

Feedback Score
    If mine weren't so dirty, I might be able to see the horrid Dremel marks, then I too could be validated as a Colt victim.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    Hope he shares pictures as well...

The mods might not lock and kill this thread if guys are posting pictures of actual examples they have bought and explaining why they think it may be messed up?

All pictures above are Colt. The bottom picture is a 6920. Not nearly as bad on that 6920 as some pictures I have seen shared online...
    Making the thread a resource instead of a bitch fest is always a great option, thank you for reminding all of us of that. Well done good sir!
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast