Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Colin Powell Dead at 84 from COVID-19 Complications

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    It is possible to respect general Powell's life, service, and positive civic/political impact while at the same time disagreeing with some of his views and individual policy recommendations/ decisions.

To me, this represents the end of an era.

Feedback Score
    general powell was a reasonable, smart, well-intending man with a clean record up until his involvement with the bush administration.

it's a goddamn shame he came into politics at the time and in the atmosphere that he did. in another time and place i think he very well could have been president, and a good one.

rest in pieces, general
    why so serious?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Not sure how being in shape has to do with it. I know some fat, completely out of shape drunkards that had it and recovered fine. And then you got in shape guys dying or seriously f'ed up over it. Hard to tell.
    being in shape is a huge thing I want to see folks healthy truly healthy
    Last edited by Honu; 10-18-21 at 18:48.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    General Powell will be missed, he has my greatest admiration. Just this year, when he learned how short his remaining time was, he became a Democrat. Like everything else lately, the MSM completely mis-represented the reason, blathering something about Jan 6th, insurrection, etc

The simple truth is that General Powell thought it better a Democrat pass away than a Republican.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 10-18-21 at 22:25.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    The simple truth is that General Powell though it better a Democrat pass away than a Republican.

Andy

Nice one
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I was very sad to hear of his passing...he was a very polarizing figure, for a very long time...while I didn't know the man personally, nor always agree with him..I do respect his service.
    R.I.P General

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    And being treated for terminal cancer. The comments in this thread on his dying and being vaccinated are in very poor taste and unnecessary.
    Agreed. We have a lot of remarkably stupid people on this forum now.

Rest In Peace Sec. Powell, fair winds and parting seas.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234