Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creapure creatine

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Short answer, yes.

Long answer, as linked in #3 above:

https://brinkzone.com/creatine-talk-why-creapure/
    Nice article, thanks Will. Wife and daughter both came up as being low on creatinine at their physicals recently, and I just started shopping for a supplement. FWIW, they are both athletes that push themselves aerobically.

Found this on Amazon as being reasonably priced and has the Creapure logo, but the reviews give me pause:

Integrated Supplements 100% Creapure Creatine 200 Servings 1000 Grams https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0021Y15HA
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    Nice article, thanks Will. Wife and daughter both came up as being low on creatinine at their physicals recently, and I just started shopping for a supplement. FWIW, they are both athletes that push themselves aerobically.

Found this on Amazon as being reasonably priced and has the Creapure logo, but the reviews give me pause:

Integrated Supplements 100% Creapure Creatine 200 Servings 1000 Grams https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0021Y15HA
    Creatinine and creatine are not the same thing BTW. Are they vegans or something? High creatinine is associated with kidney function, never heard of low creatinine being a medical concern to require raising it.

Far as I'm concerned, if you're not using creatine you're doing it wrong.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Creatinine and creatine are not the same thing BTW. Are they vegans or something? High creatinine is associated with kidney function, never heard of low creatinine being a medical concern to require raising it.

Far as I'm concerned, if you're not using creatine you're doing it wrong.
    My understanding is that creatinine is a metabolite of creatine, and I took the blood test to suggest that they are likely not enough red meat and or protein to sustain their activity. What are your thoughts on the supplement I linked? My buddy who was a very successful personal trainer and nutritionist for a number of years told me that a good rudimentary test for the purity of creatine supplements is to make sure that it all dissolves in water. Anything held in suspension indicates poor quality. What do you think?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My understanding is that creatinine is a metabolite of creatine, and I took the blood test to suggest that they are likely not enough red meat and or protein to sustain their activity.
    They are directly related, and creatine converts to creatinine under normal metabolics conditions. Low creatinine may indicated lack of muscle mass and other potential issues and best diagnosed by a med pro.

What are your thoughts on the supplement I linked?
    Don't know anything about the company. It's rare for a company to sell fake Creapure, but not unheard of. They are very aggressive about protecting their TM. Link in #3 gives partner companies, and email to ask if they missed some. They also require a lot of paper work to get approved there. Was a PITA actually and I have done consulting work for the company.

My buddy who was a very successful personal trainer and nutritionist for a number of years told me that a good rudimentary test for the purity of creatine supplements is to make sure that it all dissolves in water. Anything held in suspension indicates poor quality. What do you think?
    Unrelated. CM does not dissolve in cold liquids well and creates a suspension. Mixed in hot liquids, it will dissolve. Whether it makes a real difference to absorption and efficacy is another Q, but I had made the vid on that 10+ years ago, which is where that comes from and was, over time, morphed into bro science over time.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-19-21 at 13:23.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Whether it makes a real difference to absorption and efficacy is another Q
    Does it? I always mix mine cold and never care that it doesn't dissolve.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Does it? I always mix mine cold and never care that it doesn't dissolve.
    Unclear, but likely not a major issue regardless. For some it causes GI issues, and pre dissolving in hot liquids cures that for the vast majority.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12