Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sending in a SA 1911 to get slide milled for RDS - SRO

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Sending in a SA 1911 to get slide milled for RDS - SRO

So, I have had good luck with one vendor working on my slides. Vulcan Machine Werks. So, I have multiple 1911's that I dont shoot bc they dont have a dot. So, I thought I would gamble on one gun and see how it goes. It's a nice Lipsey model Operator in 9mm that should be a hoot if the good lord works with me one more time.

I'll post pics and range report with outcome.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Which dot are you going to use?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Sinister,

Trijy SRO. I think an RMR or Holosun would look better, but time will tell. I just have a spare SRO so.....

I have decided the Holosun window is the best balance between RMR and SRO. Good middle ground. They all have their Pro's and Cons, what would you stick on a 1911? I'll post pics when I get it back.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Funny you should say SRO!

I like that big-ass window (like the EOTech on a carbine). I WANT to see that dot, right now, instead of having to hunt for it.

I know the Holosun has almost universal rave reviews -- but for me, bottom line, it's Chinese.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Will your slide be milled for direct mount to optic, or will a mount be used PB?
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Will your slide be milled for direct mount to optic, or will a mount be used PB?
    They use that Trijy mount that comes with rear sight attached to it. Ill text you the mount. The mount comes with front and rear sights. I hope its not too goofy high. I just remind myself that my Stacatto has a base plate.

PB

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Understood. Can’t imagine it being much higher than the Staccato mount.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Interested to see how you like it.

Feedback Score
    Awaiting your results with interest......I have an old Loaded .45 I've considered for that. Good Luck Sir.

Feedback Score
    https://ibb.co/LSdsB12
    https://ibb.co/6ssDgMd

Pardon crappy phone pics but that's what mine looks like. I don't know the SKU but it is a operator with an RMR Type 2 1 MOA. I ran the crap out of this gun recently in pretty harsh conditions without issue. Hands down my favorite pistol.

The RMR definitely sits higher than the direct mill on my G19 but it isn't that bad and as I said, it is a pleasure to shoot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast