Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sending in a SA 1911 to get slide milled for RDS - SRO

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Budget View Post
    https://ibb.co/LSdsB12
    https://ibb.co/6ssDgMd

Pardon crappy phone pics but that's what mine looks like. I don't know the SKU but it is a operator with an RMR Type 2 1 MOA. I ran the crap out of this gun recently in pretty harsh conditions without issue. Hands down my favorite pistol.

The RMR definitely sits higher than the direct mill on my G19 but it isn't that bad and as I said, it is a pleasure to shoot.
    That is encouraging, looks pretty good to me. Is that my same Trijy mount?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    PB, yes it is a Trijicon mount. I'd like to hear your thoughts when you get yours back.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    +1. I have a SA custom shop gun that I have been tempted to mill for an RMR but have been hesitant.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Northridge View Post
    +1. I have a SA custom shop gun that I have been tempted to mill for an RMR but have been hesitant.
    Yea, I have the Professional FBI or whatever SA gun and didnt have the stones to send that one in. The one I sent is very nice and its in 9mm. If I love the shit out of it, I might send in a TRP.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Well, I got her back. Looks pretty good, however I wish I put on an RMR or Holosun on it. I may change it out, and I'm OCD about which optic for which gun and need counseling. For fcks sake. I just think my sight picture is so natural too pick up on a classic 1911, I could have gone elsewhere. What says you mi amigos?

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 11-16-21 at 19:15.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I say that looks pretty darn good! The rounded hood matches the top of the slide well, as does the flat finish. If you've got a Hs507c laying around, and you're feeling adventurous, you could swap it over and see how you like it. I don't know if a flat top optic would look unbalanced or not, but I could live with it as it is and not blink an eye.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    That mount is high PB, looks like your RD is perched on top of slide, as opposed to being “buried” in slide.
    I’d bet when you present gun it’s necessary to lower gun to find Dot, due to muscle memory.
    I’m sure you can adapt to it with a lot of presentations.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks George, I may change optics but will shoot it first.

Gaijin, not too bad finding that dot with that HUGE window but feel like the SRO probably makes the dot higher which may lead me to an RMR or Holosun.

PB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Thanks George, I may change optics but will shoot it first.

Gaijin, not too bad finding that dot with that HUGE window but feel like the SRO probably makes the dot higher which may lead me to an RMR or Holosun.

PB
    What are your thoughts on it currently? Did you swap the optic out or leave it, and how do you like it?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    What are your thoughts on it currently? Did you swap the optic out or leave it, and how do you like it?
    It didnt like some of my reloads, but it ran fine on most of what I fed it. I found the dot super easy to find due to its (1911) natural point of aim. But I plan on putting a RMR because I dont feel like I need that huge window.

All in all very pleased.

PB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast