Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 17 kidnapped in Haiti ...

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    How is that the FBI's jurisdiction?
    Any time a crime happens to U.S. citizens overseas FBI is in charge of the investigation. DOS is in charge of personnel recovery.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman William View Post
    indeed - this demands swift and overwhelming violence. americans keep getting kidnapped because americans keep paying ransom. drop a battalion of rangers on the island with enough ammunition to commit a genocide and tell them to call for a ride home when the hostages are either liberated or dead.
    Yeah how many times have we occupied that half of that island? Three, four? And look at the good it’s done.

Feedback Score
    We could send the taliban since biden so well armed them ! and biden seems to be loving them since we are paying them now COME ON MAN help us out

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ahhh, ye old "blame the victim" methodology...

Not surprising.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BangBang77 View Post
    Ahhh, ye old "blame the victim" methodology...

Not surprising.
    Have you ever been to Haiti?

I have multiple times, I have also been in 60% of sub Saharan African countries.

Haiti is the worlds biggest shit hole.

When you do into such a place, unarmed, untrained, don't cry when you get grabbed.

I favor throwing ever FBI agent in the USA, at the problem. Let them invade Haiti, 3 weeks later the Republic would be in a better place than we are today.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    Unfortunately, it means that using force to recover the hostages is probably not ever going to be considered. This is classic Democratic strategy. During the 90s, the CIA repeatedly went to Clinton and asked him to green light a strike on Bin Laden. Each time, it was the same answer: Only if the FBI gets to lead the mission, and it's going to be a capture, not kill, mission.

This crisis could be solved in a matter of days by sending a JSOC unit to put a violent end to the hostage takers. But likely what's going to happen is that those people are going to be held hostage for a year or more before the federal government pays off the hostage takers.
    I was on active duty when Jimmy Carter was POTUS.

Failure to lead, leads to failure.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    The thing is though, they live for this stuff. They'll love nothing more than to send a message about what happens when you screw with our citizens.
    I'd imagine many of them are chomping at the bit, after being sidelined during the Afghanistan exfil.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I was on active duty when Jimmy Carter was POTUS.

Failure to lead, leads to failure.
    Carter was what he was, nicest guy who never should have been POTUS, but I'm not clear how the Iranian event could be put on his shoulders, assuming that was the reference. Beckwith spoke well of him in his book, and Beckwith didn't speak well of anyone! You may be privy to info I'm not, but for me, I'd give credit where credit due to Carter for green lighting that, knowing it was the make/brake his entire career dependent on the outcome. It was an audacious plan and risky, and it didn't end well and Carter told Beckwith to his face all responsibility as Commander In Chief was on him, and I respect Carter for that. That's leadership when it's not going your way, and it cost him bigly.

Personally, on that score, I don't see a parallel to Clinton, who turned his back on his duty as POTUS repeatedly for fear of losing an election and hurting feelings by not having OBL shot in the face.

Then there's Reagan, who then showed the US does negotiate with terrorists, set a terrible precedent there, and that seems to be ignored and overlooked.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    Haiti is the worlds biggest shit hole.
    Got a friend serving there now. She said it’s the worst place she has been stationed, and she’s done Iraq, Paki and AFG.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Got a friend serving there now. She said it’s the worst place she has been stationed, and she’s done Iraq, Paki and AFG.
    A buddy of mine who is a combat medic has been there multiple times and said same. First time he went was for the first big earthquake. At that time, they were able to be armed at least. Then the government banned them from having any firearms, most of which they'd had to purchase there from locals. Once they had no firearms, that's when the gangs started to really go after the medical supplies and food and such. He said up to that point, it was not too bad, then it got real bad.

I'd expect the current situation makes the last one look relaxing as they never fully recovered and they have no leader.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast