Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSA buying eastern Europe ammo machines

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

PSA buying eastern Europe ammo machines

I read on Facebook today from either Atlantic Firearms or Classic Firearms that PSA is in the middle of purchasing a steel cased ammo factory somewhere in eastern Europe. They have plans to import all of the machinery to the US to have domestic production of 7.62x39 and other steel cased ammo. According to the page they believe they can have ammo priced similarly to the imported stuff.

Havent been able to find anything about it outside of Facebook.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That would be good. Although I'm not too fond of .223 steel case. Maybe down the road they can score some brass cased ammo machines.

If this all pans out, I hope they move away from the bi-metal bullet and move to a guilding metal jacket which is range friendly.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    This is great news for AK and other 7.62x39 owners. I've shot thousands of rounds of Russian .223 too, and the Wolf imported and branded Barnaul stuff is surprisingly accurate. I have no problem with it for plinking or general purpose training ammo, specially at 65% the price of brass cased stuff.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    That would be good. Although I'm not too fond of .223 steel case. Maybe down the road they can score some brass cased ammo machines.

If this all pans out, I hope they move away from the bi-metal bullet and move to a guilding metal jacket which is range friendly.
    I think Wolf or Tula was already offering that as an option.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I think Wolf or Tula was already offering that as an option.
    They do....sometimes I guess. It was a bit hit and miss even in the good times. Here in SoCal there is not an outdoor public range that I'm aware of that would allow bi-metal for fear of starting a fire. The case isn't so much the problem for me, but the bullet material.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wolf is an importer. They buy ammo from whomever and sell under "Wolf" name. If I'm not mistaken the parent company is out of SoCal. Most of what they import is from Tula. You're buying Tula from Tula and Tula from Wolf

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Wolf is an importer. They buy ammo from whomever and sell under "Wolf" name. If I'm not mistaken the parent company is out of SoCal. Most of what they import is from Tula. You're buying Tula from Tula and Tula from Wolf

Don't think Tula plant has made Wolf for awhile.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using Tapatalk
    The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 223to45 View Post
    Don't think Tula plant has made Wolf for awhile.

I don't remember when exactly they stopped but there was/is tons of it still around.

Feedback Score
    You got hand to PSA, quality issues aside, they control most of the mfg of AR stuff, AK stuff, now has a copy of a Glock, and now going to flood the market with ammo like do AR's.

Hopefully some domestic 5.45

The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood: The person who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first scoundrel who is willing to risk dying to violate that person's liberty! Are you free?
    --- Andrew Ford

Feedback Score
    This is good, however I hope that “made in America” doesn’t shoot already high prices beyond the moon. Part of the reason that ammo is cheap is because it’s made overseas. Just saying.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast