Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And in economic news... YT: Gravitas: What would a Chinese recession look like?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

And in economic news... YT: Gravitas: What would a Chinese recession look like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaNhoMJ3SBs

Can confirm firsthand what she's saying. I do some manufacturing and my orders from China for components are either getting cancelled or showing up with half of what I ordered. Didn't have any problems during the pandemic, now it's getting virtually impossible to get stuff from China.
    Last edited by okie; 10-20-21 at 08:42.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post

Can confirm firsthand what she's saying. I do some manufacturing and my orders from China for components are either getting cancelled or showing up with half of what I ordered. Didn't have any problems during the pandemic, now it's getting virtually impossible to get stuff from China.
    It's worse with anything that has a chip on it... I mean anything. The halfassed things that are showing up are a major reason companies are looking to other places in SE Asia to make the same things happen.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TehLlama View Post
    It's worse with anything that has a chip on it... I mean anything. The halfassed things that are showing up are a major reason companies are looking to other places in SE Asia to make the same things happen.
    To my knowledge the chips come from Taiwan and South Korea, and to a lesser extent, Japan. Luckily I don't think the Chinese have gotten in the chip game yet, at least not to a large extent.

Feedback Score

I manufactured some drawer boxes today and never needed or touched a single thing from china.

The DG in DG23 stands for DobermanGuy and is why there are Doberman girls in these pics. You can call it DG watermarking if you want...

The jig that the parts were cut with was a USA company / Vietnam made tool.

China makes nothing in that ballpark or even close.

A tool made to do stuff that no regular chinese kid in the factory could ever hope to pull off without making a mess.

(note the angles inside those boxes and how the tool (a non-china tool) can be set to them)

Dust and chips sucked up with a big, bad ass American motor,

Spit the air out after passing it through bag type filters custom made for the application by American Fabric Filters.

Sanded with USA made sander,

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DG23 View Post
    I manufactured some drawer boxes today and never needed or touched a single thing from china.

The DG in DG23 stands for DobermanGuy and is why there are Doberman girls in these pics. You can call it DG watermarking if you want...

The jig that the parts were cut with was a USA company / Vietnam made tool.

China makes nothing in that ballpark or even close.

A tool made to do stuff that no regular chinese kid in the factory could ever hope to pull off without making a mess.

(note the angles inside those boxes and how the tool (a non-china tool) can be set to them)

Dust and chips sucked up with a big, bad ass American motor,

Spit the air out after passing it through bag type filters custom made for the application by American Fabric Filters.

Man that's some nice work there dude! Beautiful stuff.

Feedback Score

Italian spray guns,

Lots and lots of people are willing to pay damn good money for stuff that chinese kids simply can't do like they want it to be done. Stuff that does not come from china or have any chinese materials inside.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Italian spray guns,

Lots and lots of people are willing to pay damn good money for stuff that chinese kids simply can't do like they want it to be done. Stuff that does not come from china or have any chinese materials inside.
    You're absolutely right, but unfortunately it's going to take a generation or more for Americans to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and develop useful skills again. Not only do few people have those kinds of skills here, few even have the desire. We turned out an entire generation of political science and gender studies brats, and at least they can read and write (we hope lol). We also turned out an entire generation of welfare recipients incapable of anything but manual labor and breeding.

This all goes back to the 90s when China opened up to the west. It was like winning the lottery for us. And like lottery winners are wont to do we not only squandered the money, we leveraged it, and then squandered what we borrowed.

And instead of leaving the factories and going out and getting IT certifications, our workers went on the dole and started smoking crack. So not only is the money all gone, but the ability of the country to make more is now handicapped for at least one generation. It's going to take decades to get back to where we were in terms of being able to produce our own goods.

Feedback Score
    Man that's some nice work there dude! Beautiful stuff.
    Trying my best to convey the American spirit and pride concept here.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Your items look awesome

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Cool stuff, keep it up!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast