Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Matrix Resurrections

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

The Matrix Resurrections

The Matrix Resurrections: Review

The Matrix series has always explored the issues of free will and the nature of reality* and this installment focuses on that perhaps more then the past movies. This movie incorporates various elements of the past movies, used actual footage in spots, and all the important major, and some minor, characters are back in some form or another. It was great to see them all - in what ever form they took- for me. A totally new character played by Neil Patrick Harris (The Analyst) was well done. I thought Keanu Reeves did a surprisingly good job in the acting for this movie, and let's be honest, acting is not his strong suit...

Like all Matrix movies, if you fail to suspend your disbelief enough (red pill moment?) and start asking questions like why do they keep shooting at the Agents when they know it does not do anything but waste ammo (can you run out of ammo in the Matrix?), and such, you enjoy it less. Like past Matrix movies, this one has its strengths and weaknesses in the same places for the same reasons.

The acting and casting was solid, the visuals, and related were solid. Some of the action scenes drag a bit and can visually seem bit generic, but we are also used to the Matrix action style and the countless movies that knocked them off too, so I think that's part of it too. Some of the fight/action scenes do drag a bit and feel rehashed but still visually fun to watch.

The hokie trope that love conquers all is still the underlying message that saves the world, and it gets close to getting into all inclusive wokeness, but it's not bad enough to ruin the experience and the past movies had some of that too.

It combines enough elements of the past movies to make viewers feel fun nostalgia and adds modern aspects that work. My guess is for those who only thought the first one was any good, will not like this movie. Those who enjoyed them all to varying degrees as I did, should enjoy this movie. Finally, as with the past Matrix, the visuals and audio are a large part of The Matrix Resurrections, so unless you have a legit HT system, it's one of those movies best enjoyed in the theater.

Me, I enjoyed the hell out of and the scene where Mr Anderson has to be re red pilled was great.

A-

* Which continues to be a topic hotly debated by physicists, philosophers, theologians, etc
    Last edited by WillBrink; 12-23-21 at 11:54.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    This vid does a great job of explaining the key aspects of the movie, but contains major spoilers, so don't watch if you have not seen the movie would be my advice:

- Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    I liked it and want to see another one.

The only thing I could do without was the swarm mode. It was too zombi.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post

Agreed. It was trying too hard to tap into the zombie fixation people have these days. It also dragged on a bit, but at least didn't ruin the movie. I will say when bodies started falling from the sky, it did make for a cool visual. They did a good job visually at least, but could have been shorter.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KUSA View Post

Agreed. It was trying too hard to tap into the zombie fixation people have these days. It also dragged on a bit, but at least didn't ruin the movie. I will say when bodies started falling from the sky, it did make for a cool visual. They did a good job visually at least, but could have been shorter.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    The whack job Lana Wachowski said that it and the previous Matrixs were "trans" movies. Did you guys get that from the movie? If not, I'll probably go see it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    The whack job Lana Wachowski said that it and the previous Matrixs were "trans" movies. Did you guys get that from the movie? If not, I'll probably go see it.
    I didn’t get that out of it. You know, most people in Hollywood are whack jobs anyway so just go watch it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    No idea what she's talking about, but per above " ...it gets close to getting into all inclusive wokeness, but it's not bad enough to ruin the experience and the past movies had some of that too."
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just finished it, on HBO. Gotta say that I was disappointed. It just didn't feel...inspired. It had some cool moments, but as a whole it was much weaker than the original trilogy. C-.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I heard it was a steaming pile. The only good Matrix movie is the first one in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast