Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dune 2021

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Some of you boomers are about to be big mad when this one ends up being better than the original. Kinda like when Jeff Bridges dunked on the original True Grit. Yeah I said it. The remake of True Grit is better than the original.

As far as whether or not it will feature wokeness, if you're familiar with the storyline, then you already know what it's gonna be.

I could be wrong about Dune, but we'll see. If I don't think it's better, I'll admit I was wrong. Post angry replies below.
    Well I wasn't wrong, at least as far as opinions go. It was better than the original. My wife has been looking forward to it for a while, she loves the book and the original movie and she liked Dune 2021 better.

It wasn't the greatest movie ever, and there were a few things I didn't like, which were mostly casting choices. I don't like Timothy Chalamet, he's like the person you throw into a role when you don't know if you want a teenage male or a young lesbian to have the part. He's like a Hollywood NPC but unironically.

Feedback Score
    Saw most of it last evening....boring/dull/useless. Waste of time.

Feedback Score
    So, pretty much like the original then.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
    Saw most of it last evening....boring/dull/useless. Waste of time.
    Woke and go broke?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Woke and go broke?
    One character flips from male to female, but The main characters were not screwed with.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I overall liked it. But I still got the general feeling that the story was a bit rushed. There wasn't sufficient character development as they left out the inner monolog of the first film and book, and if I hadn't watched the first one a couple of times and read the book, I could see people thinking it was disjointed. Also, no weirding modules.

Hope they hurry up and release the second one.
    “You have made us for yourself, O Lord, and our heart is restless until it rests in you.” -Augustine

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by georgeib View Post
    I overall liked it. But I still got the general feeling that the story was a bit rushed. There wasn't sufficient character development as they left out the inner monolog of the first film and book, and if I hadn't watched the first one a couple of times and read the book, I could see people thinking it was disjointed. Also, no weirding modules.

Hope they hurry up and release the second one.
    My wife had a hard time following. Inner monologue is a lazy filmmakers way of getting the job done. You have the visual medium that can convey huge amounts of info, but sometimes you need to mainline the info to make sure that people get it. They really needed the scene from the 80s that better explains the need for spice for travel- otherwise it just looks like the spaceships are coming from a sewer pipe in the sky. They made the travel on par with it being used as a drug.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I thought it was great. In an ideal world, this should have been a multi-part series like Foundation.
    SLG Defense 07/02 FFL/SOT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    I thought it was great. In an ideal world, this should have been a multi-part series like Foundation.
    Agreed. Foundation seems to be neither developing chatractes or moving the plot forward. I just hope they make the second part. It was #1 in theater $ sales, $40m. Pretty high per-screen sales. Hope that bodes well. Just what kind of time line. Those are some pretty big/hot actors.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Saw it. Not too bad. Can't complain actually, with what they have been doing to movies and remakes, this was refreshing.

I just hope part II doesn't take too long... and bring on the weirding modules!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast