Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Questionables: For those "Interesting Finds" that may not be so good...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander View Post
    I’ve never understood the fascination with a sub 5 pound trigger on anything auto-loading. That being said, the long take-up of the Scorpion helps if it’s left in place.

I have no scientific evidence to prove this, but the relatively large bolt mass adds another concern because the inertia is in direct opposition to the trigger pull direction. If anything but a firm grip on the gun is used to stop the force, I could see an ND possibly happening if the trigger pull is too light or the take-up shortened too much. HBI springs and a light polish is enough for me.

Sorry for the thread drift but it’s a pet peeve of mine.

Shooters Element seems good to go from everything I’ve seen.
    I think part of it, at least for me, was a misunderstanding of why was a trigger pull bad and what makes a great trigger great. Weight was really the only thing I understood, lighter was better, until I shot a gun that was stock with a great trigger (recently reinforced again with recent acquisition of preowned 92 LTT Elite). The importance of the action of the trigger was what I didn't get (no experience) and how two same weighted triggers could feel vastly different based on geometry and finish on mating surfaces (polished or with tool marks). It's why polishing or addition trigger time can improve a heaver trigger, yet a spring lightened 4 pound creepy gritty trigger isn't really much of an improvement over a stock springer 5-8 lbs trigger.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    I have had a backorder with Sportsman's Guide since summer 2020 for Silver Bear .223. They keep pushing out the expected date, now to summer 2022. I don't think they have any intention of delivering unless or until ammo is cheap again.
    I have the same from Optics planet. Case of 9mm. They even stopped updating. To their credit they didn't take money so if they decide to quietly forget the whole thing I'm not out anything

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    I think part of it, at least for me, was a misunderstanding of why was a trigger pull bad and what makes a great trigger great. Weight was really the only thing I understood, lighter was better, until I shot a gun that was stock with a great trigger (recently reinforced again with recent acquisition of preowned 92 LTT Elite). The importance of the action of the trigger was what I didn't get (no experience) and how two same weighted triggers could feel vastly different based on geometry and finish on mating surfaces (polished or with tool marks). It's why polishing or addition trigger time can improve a heaver trigger, yet a spring lightened 4 pound creepy gritty trigger isn't really much of an improvement over a stock springer 5-8 lbs trigger.
    Exactly. I see people bragging about trigger weight and kind of shake my head. I would much rather have a 5 lb trigger with a clean take up, crisp break, minimum over travel and a good reset than a crappy trigger with light springs in it.

Feedback Score
    Doing a recent build and using FCD parts as much as possible (except the elusive EPC) Found a place that had everything I wanted listed in stock; https://www.tacticallink.com/

Since I was a new customer I created an account during checkout. I got the welcome email for the new account creation, and got all subsequent marketing emails from them so I know they now had my email on file. However no order confirmation email. A day later I thought I might have forgotten something on my order and went back to log in and check it. No dice. Would not take my email or password. Tried the password reset and the error message was that my email address was not in their database. They have no way to contact them other than submitting a web form so I did that and waited. A few days later with no response to my CS request, and no order confirmation email, I tracked down a phone number for them and attempted to call. Phone number listed was not taking calls. At this point I am thinking I got scammed, even though I had checked on one of my forums and was told folks had bought from them in the past. On day 5 I'm about ready to call the bank and dispute any charges when my order shows up in my mail box. The marketing emails have stopped and I never did get a response to my CS inquiry. So shipping is fast. Prices were fair. But do not expect any communication at all. If you are not concerned with that then buy away.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    Doing a recent build and using FCD parts as much as possible (except the elusive EPC) Found a place that had everything I wanted listed in stock; https://www.tacticallink.com/

Since I was a new customer I created an account during checkout. I got the welcome email for the new account creation, and got all subsequent marketing emails from them so I know they now had my email on file. However no order confirmation email. A day later I thought I might have forgotten something on my order and went back to log in and check it. No dice. Would not take my email or password. Tried the password reset and the error message was that my email address was not in their database. They have no way to contact them other than submitting a web form so I did that and waited. A few days later with no response to my CS request, and no order confirmation email, I tracked down a phone number for them and attempted to call. Phone number listed was not taking calls. At this point I am thinking I got scammed, even though I had checked on one of my forums and was told folks had bought from them in the past. On day 5 I'm about ready to call the bank and dispute any charges when my order shows up in my mail box. The marketing emails have stopped and I never did get a response to my CS inquiry. So shipping is fast. Prices were fair. But do not expect any communication at all. If you are not concerned with that then buy away.
    Just dealt with a similar seller with a knife. It arrived, but communication was worse than horrible.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    Just dealt with a similar seller with a knife. It arrived, but communication was worse than horrible.
    It's frustrating for sure. I am sure I have said before that I worked in the ecommerce industry for a good many years and that kind of lack of communication is just not acceptable. And it is SO easy to correct.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The Questionables: For those "Interesting Finds" that may not be so good...

BOTACH. If you go in with the expectation that you are not going to get what you ordered any time soon (or ever) you will be pleasantly surprised if it shows up.
    I must be lucky

I have never had a bad experience with Botach.

Shipping usually takes a bit, but they carry some stuff that can be difficult to source and it’s usually in stock. Granted, they’re not my go to source for much of anything.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 12-09-21 at 16:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    I must be lucky

I have never had a bad experience with Botach.

Shipping usually takes a bit, but they carry some stuff that can be difficult to source and it’s usually in stock. Granted, they’re not my go to source for much of anything.
    I get it. I've had that same luck with Optics Planet / Dvor while others have not

Feedback Score
    Negligent discharge

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I get it. I've had that same luck with Optics Planet / Dvor while others have not
    That’s actually funny.

I won’t even go to OP website because of two ridiculous experiences with that crew.

Interesting how they ALWAYS show up at the very top of most searches.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast