Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    So true, my Dad and I are both very mechanically inclined - my brother is not.

It honestly seems like this production was simply an accident designed to happen. Unfortunately the accident was fatal and took the life of a wife and mother who seems like a very dangerous person to certain people in Holleywood.

Andy
    FIFY?

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    And while t you have a point, props/armorer would be considered the range master. You do what they say. No more, no less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In this case it seems everyone was doing what Asst. Director David Halls said. I doubt the 24 year old woman "armorer" was comfortable standing up to a 20 year veteran know for his demanding nature.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    In this case it seems everyone was doing what Asst. Director David Halls said. I doubt the 24 year old woman "armorer" was comfortable standing up to a 20 year veteran know for his demanding nature.
    Hey, but at least the set was inclusive! She may be the daughter of a legit gun guy, but she expressed being nervous about being ready for the job, Hall has prior complains about ignoring safety, Baldwin is famous being being an overbearing d bag, and on it goes as to a typical story of layers on layers of incremental fail that lead to a tragic ending.

My understanding is the buck stops with the head armorer on a set as it does with range master on a range, and she was not up to the task it sounds as she clearly did not have control of that set.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    For years I was a Mechanic on Military Equipment, I've got tools in my Tool box for anything and everything.
    To garner my Sons intrests, I rebuilt the lawn mower carb every year with him. He is the least mechanically inclined person I have ever met. After about three years I gave up.

Honestly I fear that someday he will have to change a tire.

Now imagine someone offering (What would appear to be) a lot of money for him to be the head mechanic on a movie set? Totally based on my skill set of course.
    I'm fairly mechanically inclined. I can rebuild an engine or trans, brakes, whatever with good results. But you don't want me anywhere near the wiring loom. You don't even want me to wire a light switch.

Sometimes the most valuable knowledge is knowing what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Hey, but at least the set was inclusive! She may be the daughter of a legit gun guy, but she expressed being nervous about being ready for the job, Hall has prior complains about ignoring safety, Baldwin is famous being being an overbearing d bag, and on it goes as to a typical story of layers on layers of incremental fail that lead to a tragic ending.

My understanding is the buck stops with the head armorer on a set as it does with range master on a range, and she was not up to the task it sounds as she clearly did not have control of that set.
    In risk management we call this "a cascading series of failures leading to a tragic outcome". Remove one idiot or arrogant ass from the deck and the tragedy is averted.
    What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel556 View Post
    people may not be interested in spending $75 at the theatre to watch a movie they can stream in 2 months in their house.
    I've been at that for years. I get that it's a night out, it's something to do besides sit at home but I'm not spending that money to stare at a screen for 1.5hrs. I can catch it later on tv. Worst case I can live without it.

Lately I've even been questioning tv. Last night I had some weird shit happen and my TV died. I went out and bought a new one and while I'm buying it I was questioning myself do I really even want it or is it just flushing money down the toilet for the sake of habit. If I really think about it I only turn the TV on around 7pm and I'm in bed around 11. Between that there's nothing really to watch. I used to at least be able to fall back on one of the educational channels but even they're nothing but garbage. Im not interested in guys street racing or cutting down trees or looking for gold or digging a bottomless pit somewhere on a Canadian island. So it there's nothing to watch and I don't spend much time watching to begin with what am I paying for? Few hours of background noise? This was what was running through my head as I was paying for the tv

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I used to at least be able to fall back on one of the educational channels but even they're nothing but garbage. Im not interested in guys street racing or cutting down trees or looking for gold or digging a bottomless pit somewhere on a Canadian island.
    Curiosity Stream or MagellanTV, if you have solid Internet access?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple View Post
    Curiosity Stream or MagellanTV, if you have solid Internet access?
    I had Curiosity Stream. It was cool but the content never changed. This was a few years ago, maybe I should look into it again

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    And like I said, that’s not how it’s supposed to work. The A.D. is in charge of the set, but that means keeping everyone on task, not doing their jobs. If your armorer sucks so bad you have to do their job, you get a new armorer. You will not have the bandwidth to make sure that weapons are safe and run a set.

An A-hole A.D.? That’s like every 3rd one you meet. Either they’re on board with the safety program, or you walk. Or call your old man, the owner of the company, and have him deal with it. He calls the producers and says it’s our way, or the highway.

The bigger issue is that she needed more experience overall. I’d wager that the family double booked shows, Thell Jr. couldn’t do the gig, and they tossed her into it. Still get the gun rentals, and she builds her resume.

Feedback Score
    All that it took to prevent this accident was Baldwin following at least ONE of Coopers rules. That’s the only thing that had to happen.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

In risk management we call this "a cascading series of failures leading to a tragic outcome". Remove one idiot or arrogant ass from the deck and the tragedy is averted.
    And if/when it's mostly d heads and incompetent people on the same project, it's not if but when something bad happens.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 23 of 66 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast