Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Alec Baldwin kills someone in movie accident

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prdubi View Post
    Now he knows.

I hope he Hope's himself

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    This was over a 2017 shooting by a cop in CA that shot a guy who was punching him and trying to take away his gun…. Best tiwitter response I’ve seen was “I guess he can answer that now”.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john armond View Post
    I used to work for the PD that had jurisdiction in this case. That is exactly what happened. When the projectile was fired the actor wasn’t actually aiming at Lee. Instead he was swinging the gun while pointing it in Lee’s direction. Had he pulled the trigger half a second sooner or later in the swing, the projectile would have probably missed Lee. The investigator also told me that the actual shooting of Lee was featured on one of the initial commercial ads that was publicly shown for the movie.
    So the velocity of the rnd from just the primer was enough to kill Lee if I understand correctly? Did it go through his eye or something? That's astounding really. If correct, what are the chances?!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    From what I read, he was shot in the abdomen, but the prop gun had a primer in the case that had the bullet loaded for the first scene which caused the squib to lodge in the barrel, then they loaded blanks with some powder and the primer in for the next scene and that powder created pressure to dislodge the squib into Brandon.

As far as Baldwin, I’m sure he’s torn up like most humans, but I also feel there is negligence in this and like you said before Will, pointing a gun, even a prop, would feel weird for any gun guy or girl. That gun may have killed someone else if it was not pointed at the behind the scenes crew, but it sounds like there is more to the story that we won’t know for a while if ever. If this would have happened to an average Joe, we’d be in lockup until this got sorted out and we were charged with something like negligent homicide.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel556 View Post
    As far as Baldwin, I’m sure he’s torn up like most humans, but I also feel there is negligence in this and like you said before Will, pointing a gun, even a prop, would feel weird for any gun guy or girl. That gun may have killed someone else if it was not pointed at the behind the scenes crew, but it sounds like there is more to the story that we won’t know for a while if ever. If this would have happened to an average Joe, we’d be in lockup until this got sorted out and we were charged with something like negligent homicide.
    It is negligent Homicide.
    How was pointing a gun at two Directors, even in the script, let alone pulling the trigger (most likely twice?) and for what effect?
    Was it in the script, or did Baldwin just lose his famous temper again?
    F" him.

Feedback Score
    My gosh!

A multi $Billion industry and they can't fashion some sort of prop that is safe!

Are they really just using blanks in real firearms?!

Does it take that much force to emulate a muzzle blast? They need to create a "firearm" that is chambered in something unique and small and have an even smaller bore so the only thing exiting is flash and smoke and 100% impossible for a projectile to move through.....

How's they get through John Wick without multiple incidents is beyond me!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    “ A production spokesperson from Rust Movie Productions LLC told Deadline in a statement Thursday that the accident involved "the misfire of a prop gun with blanks" and that "production has been halted for the time being."

Just as I thought; the prop gun was to blame. They’re already setting the stage…..
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whalstib View Post
    My gosh!

A multi $Billion industry and they can't fashion some sort of prop that is safe!

Does it take that much force to emulate a muzzle blast? They need to create a "firearm" that is chambered in something unique and small and have an even smaller bore so the only thing exiting is flash and smoke and 100% impossible for a projectile to move through.....

It's really not that difficult, common sense actually. What common sense doesn't take in to account is some jackass aiming at and pulling the trigger on someone who's not even in the movie and there is no "Scene".
    He wanted to scare them or startle them and there you go, a tragedy. We of course cant hold him responcible, because he is a rich, spoiled Celebrity.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    From what I read, he was shot in the abdomen, but the prop gun had a primer in the case that had the bullet loaded for the first scene which caused the squib to lodge in the barrel, then they loaded blanks with some powder and the primer in for the next scene and that powder created pressure to dislodge the squib into Brandon.
    I'm not a big believer in fate, but what are the chances!? And the % of people who survive a single GSW to the abdomen that get almost immediate medical attention must be very high, above 90% or better I'd think. It's like the universe just has it out for that family.

That's because he's an ultra woke elite Hollywood type where a different set of rules and laws apply. It would not surprise me in the least if he, and or they, don't call for more gun control due to this event.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My gosh!

I'm assuming that's mostly sarcasm? How many thousand (millions?) of rnds fired in various matches and such without serious injuries due to the shooters and or SO's being on their game?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My gosh!

I actually just saw a video on this. John Wick used fake guns that use composed air to run the action. They then add muzzle blasts with computer effects.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Page 4 of 66 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast